Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Hatfield or Kitzmiller?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hatfield or Kitzmiller?

Looking to spend the week-end at one of these places and need some experienced advice.

I ride a Suzuki KQ 700 and stay within my limits "don't ride crazy" and live in between Hatfield Meccoy WV and Kitzmiller MD.

Are they similar or is one noticably better......Opinions?

Old 11-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Can't speak for Kitzmiller, but have been to HM twice. Well worth our 6 hr (one way) drive both times. Have ridden Little Coal River, Bear Wallow, Buffalo Mountain, and Rockhouse at HM. Wouldn't waste my time going back to Bear Wallow. Little Coal River is the easiest riding of the other three. Buffalo Mountain had more mud and Rockhouse was the most challegning/technical. All 4 trails were better than anything we have in Ohio though. Best part is staying close to Gilbert WV and never having to get back in the truck once you park it. Towns are ATV friendly and welcome ATVers with open arms (they count on your money).

Old 11-29-2010, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

HM is awesome, can't even compare to MD, MD has nothing like HM
go to www.trialsheaven.com, one of the ultimate trail systems around
looking to get back there myself just don't have the people like we use to
also check out Browning Fork Trailhouse, Marty and Lisa are the best, great prices and location

Old 12-10-2010, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

Kitzmiller for 10 bucks is quite good. Making the trip to HM isn't easy and going there for a day trip for anyone more than a few hours away just doesn't make sense.

If you go to Kitzmiller it's 1280 Shallmar Rd. You can google maps it. Yes you drive by the street... yes you get your pass from someones house.

Park at the track if you bring a sport quad. The bottom entrance is right near their house. The track takes 20 minutes of someone rough terrain to get to from the bottom.

Get a damper if you park at the bottom and like to return to your vehicle a lot.