Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

N.C. trails in Winston-Salem

Old 01-03-2000, 04:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW we went out to the cliff top trails off of 311 in Winston-Salem on Sunday for the 6th time myself and boy did we find a huge section of trails we never explored. I guess this might be one of the better places to ride in NC now. We will start going back every weekend because we did not have time to ride all of the trails. The guy showing us said they go on forever, I am taking my GPS next time so I can map them out. Awesome trails!!!!!

------------------
Steve Thompson 99 Scrambler 500 MyScrambler

Old 01-03-2000, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

Steve, when are you going again? I know Sunday was a nice day for it, even though it looked like rain 1/2 the day.

The new trails you found, were they way back on the path or pretty close to the entrance/parking area?

I will see if I can't get down there this coming weekend.

BTW, I checked out your pics on Yahoo., Loved it! you got loads of pics. I may bring my camera when I come this weekend.

Brian in NC

Old 01-04-2000, 10:37 AM
Range Rover

The trails were way back where the Nascar Race Shop is and the trail goes along the long fence and dead ends at the street. Well we found which way to go on the street to get to the other trails. They were better than the first ones and we did not even get close to covering them all. I need to get my belt repaired so it will probably be not this weekend but next. I let you know. Plus we found a better place to park! The next exit past the 311 split toward winston, take a left at the top of the ramp and park next to the Wilco in the gravel parking lot. Then you just drive behind Wilco around the fence and through the gravel pit to the trails. It was a blast, I look forward to riding with you.

------------------
Steve Thompson 99 Scrambler 500 MyScrambler

Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

Hi Steve,

I am new atv rider and new to winston salem area. How to reach to the trail you are talking about. I will take exit for 311 from I 40. How far is that trail from that point. Thanks

Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

Not new to winston. But looking for trails. Does anyone have directions to these trails? Not sure where race shop is. Has anyone out there lately?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Bigwheel,
I had requested same info from Steve. Did not get a response. In the meantime I looked on Google maps and I think there are two places that looks like ATV trails. I have not been to that but plan to go and explore during next week.
1. is behind Wilco Hess at 3331 Thomasville Rd, Winston-Salem, NC. It looks like they got gravel parking and you can drive in the back to go on the trail.
2. other one is at the end of Ridgewood court. It looks like you can park your truck on the gravel and drive to the trail which seems like beneath the powerline. If u go before me let me know.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bavander, have any luck with those trails? Suppose to be nice tomorrow. Thinking about trying to go out there and just check it out . However my trv has been in storage all winter. Need to svc it 1st. Hope to get early start and ride out there by 1 or 2.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:06 AM
Trailblazer

Hi Bigwheel, Got really busy and could not go. Are you going today Saturday March 16th? I can try come by to have a company. Let me know if you get this message in time.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have you tried Brushy Mountain Motor Sports Park in Taylorsville, NC. Its an awesome place to ride.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

BMMS: No I haven't tried it there. We were looking some where local to go within 20-25 miles. But may give it a try.

Big wheel could you go to the trail? Let me know how was that. We can set up a timewhen we can ride it together on Saturday or Sunday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: N.C. trails in Winston-Salem