Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

My review of KS trails

Old 06-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yesterday I took my nephew riding with me to Manhattan. I never noticed before yesterday that there is a whole other section of this trail I didn't even know about on the south side of it, but you have to go down and then up the other side of the deep creek bed area. I was pressed for time yesterday (got started late and I had a function to attend) so I wasn't able to explore it. The maps I've found don't really even show this other section and there are only a few non-steep climbs in and out of the creek bed to use that aren't the daredevil type. In fact, what exploring I did have time for I got a little lost LOL. This was my 4th time there and it's just odd I didn't even know this other part existed.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Exclamation

The trail in S. Hutchinson may not be in too good of shape right now as the river has flooded. I'll be driving through Thursday (not with my ATV though) and I'm going to go by and see how bad of damage there might be. Anyone live near there that might know more? I read an article about how long it took to get it back in shape after the last flood, hope that's not the case again.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by John32070
The trail in S. Hutchinson may not be in too good of shape right now as the river has flooded. I'll be driving through Thursday (not with my ATV though) and I'm going to go by and see how bad of damage there might be. Anyone live near there that might know more? I read an article about how long it took to get it back in shape after the last flood, hope that's not the case again.
This rain has been CRAZY... washes out trails and makes nasty ruts, I'd like to here updates on the area please!?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider
Arrow

The River ATV Park - Kansas Motorcycle and ATV Trails

I took the pictures last year. The water level for the last 2 years or so was around 2', and this last week I think the highest I saw taken from the bridge on the north end of the trail was 9'. In many of those spots I took the pics I'd be wading or even under water. Checked this morning and level is around 5' now, but the rain isn't over yet.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Went back to Milford Monday to give it another try and try out the east part of the park that I didn't try the first time. I liked it better though there are still some tricky places. Took pictures too;

School Creek ORV Area - Kansas Motorcycle and ATV Trails