Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Looking for people to ride with in nj/pa

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for people to ride with in nj/pa

Hello All- I live in central NJ and am looking for people to ride with. Will have my pass to RAC for 2015 soon. Anyone looking to set up a riding trip soon? It can be in NJ or PA or even lower upstate NY region.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

So I just bought a used Kind Quad 450 and am eager to get out before I go back to work in March. I am a noob with a quad but I do own a KLX250 and had bikes for years. If you know of any place we could go just for a day trip. I would like to get out

Old 02-11-2015, 02:15 PM
2014 Scrambler XP 1000

if you have your RAC pass one of the best spots for folks newer to the area is St Clair. You can park right off Burma rd, and the trails are endless..

Old 02-11-2015, 08:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't have a pass yet but I did look at it and your right there are endless trails. Will have to get a pass as it should only be a little more than 2 hour away. Is it worth bringing two wheels or stick with the quad? Also is Maple Run, Dixon Miller or Burnt mill worth traveling to? Thanks

Old 02-12-2015, 08:27 AM
2014 Scrambler XP 1000

Originally Posted by woodsrider62
I don't have a pass yet but I did look at it and your right there are endless trails. Will have to get a pass as it should only be a little more than 2 hour away. Is it worth bringing two wheels or stick with the quad? Also is Maple Run, Dixon Miller or Burnt mill worth traveling to? Thanks

yes the pass is definitely worth it. if you have the ability to securely take both bike and quad do it. there is something up there for pretty much any type of vehicle. as far as the other places you mentioned I have no knowledge of them.. there is another site coalcountryriders.com that has extensive info on the coal area of Pennsylvania. check it out..

Old 02-12-2015, 07:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Brian3908
yes the pass is definitely worth it. if you have the ability to securely take both bike and quad do it. there is something up there for pretty much any type of vehicle. as far as the other places you mentioned I have no knowledge of them.. there is another site coalcountryriders.com that has extensive info on the coal area of Pennsylvania. check it out..

Thanks for the info. the places I mentioned are state forest. Miller is on Rt115 in Long Pond the other two are on rt402 by Pecks Pond. Our family is taking a week in the summer in Lake Harmony so hopefully Dixon Miller is descent because it will be right down the road. But of course now its going to be cold as a m____r f_____r and we will probably start getting lots of snow. Again thanks for the info

Old 02-13-2015, 01:40 PM
2014 Scrambler XP 1000

Originally Posted by woodsrider62
Thanks for the info. the places I mentioned are state forest. Miller is on Rt115 in Long Pond the other two are on rt402 by Pecks Pond. Our family is taking a week in the summer in Lake Harmony so hopefully Dixon Miller is descent because it will be right down the road. But of course now its going to be cold as a m____r f_____r and we will probably start getting lots of snow. Again thanks for the info

if your up in that area, I believe lost trails is not that far from there. I think it is in the wilkes barre area about an hour north. also Hazleton or freeland have areas to ride. if you check out a map there is a pit just north of freeland. I used to park right in the pit area off birkbeck st. you will see the dirt road directly across from the little water treatment plant.

Old 02-15-2015, 03:10 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Brian3908
if your up in that area, I believe lost trails is not that far from there. I think it is in the wilkes barre area about an hour north. also Hazleton or freeland have areas to ride. if you check out a map there is a pit just north of freeland. I used to park right in the pit area off birkbeck st. you will see the dirt road directly across from the little water treatment plant.
I used to go to the areas out by Freeland and Hazleton but they really cracked down in those areas last year. We used to park at a campground in White Haven and ride up to the pits. If you head up there be careful.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:37 AM
2014 Scrambler XP 1000

Originally Posted by ag2560
I used to go to the areas out by Freeland and Hazleton but they really cracked down in those areas last year. We used to park at a campground in White Haven and ride up to the pits. If you head up there be careful.
yea I would avoid that area for sure. there is so many other places that you can legally ride anyways.

Old 02-16-2015, 07:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by ag2560

Alrighty thanks for the heads up.

Quick Reply: Looking for people to ride with in nj/pa