Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

southern Michigan riding

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default southern Michigan riding

I recently went to a ride area recommended by a friend called Bundy Hill Park on st rt 12 just west of MIS racetrack. It is a private riding area, they have a web site and pics also you tube vids. Nice place to ride lots of riding options from wooded trails to hill climbs. Weekends are super busy I went on a weekday and that was much better. Only downfall is dust...lots of it. It was a gravel pit mining operation and now turned into an offroad riding park. Wed thru Friday is motorcycle, ATV and UTV riding and weekends are everything including trucks and jeeps which can get kind of messy if your on an ATV. For 20 bucks a day it is a 1 1/2 hr drive for me and a nice place to go during the week when they are not busy. Nice and friendly folks while we were there , but during the weekend rush not sure just how friendly things would be. I would recommend week days only, but that is my own preference. Check it out for an inexpensive place to ride if your in the area.

Old 06-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never heard of the place but appreciate the review. I looked it up and it's about 110 miles southwest from me. If I'm traveling that far I'll go north instead to the trails I can ride for free.

Old 06-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

Not the kind of place you would travel numerous hours to get to, way to many fabulous places to ride for that long of a travel. I just posted this for anyone looking for a reasonably close to home place to ride. It is only an 1 1/2 hr trip for me....closest thing there is period. Next closest is more than 3 hours away. Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone especially newbies looking for something that might be in their area to ride. I live in northern Ohio and there is not squat for riding areas other than this. I am lucky enough to live in the country where I can ride around my own area, nothing exciting at all but can at least go for a little joy ride. Bundy Hill gives us a close opportunity to do some serious/challenging riding without taking a whole day to get there. Just thought others might be interested.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How About the Mounds?

How bout the Mounds? It's also a former gravel pit, located in Mt. Morris ( northeast of Flint).
Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Not the kind of place you would travel numerous hours to get to, way to many fabulous places to ride for that long of a travel. I just posted this for anyone looking for a reasonably close to home place to ride. It is only an 1 1/2 hr trip for me....closest thing there is period. Next closest is more than 3 hours away. Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone especially newbies looking for something that might be in their area to ride. I live in northern Ohio and there is not squat for riding areas other than this. I am lucky enough to live in the country where I can ride around my own area, nothing exciting at all but can at least go for a little joy ride. Bundy Hill gives us a close opportunity to do some serious/challenging riding without taking a whole day to get there. Just thought others might be interested.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Been to the mounds and bull gap riding, nice places however for me an almost 4 hour ride to get there. Really wish there were closer places, with all the money the state collects from atv/utv taxes and registration fees they certainly should be able to create more riding areas. Even the pay to ride areas, can't believe there aren't more of them when you consider the money they collect each week. Wish I had a couple hundred acres to play with.....I could see an early retirement coming up..

Old 08-10-2016, 06:37 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastest1
How bout the Mounds? It's also a former gravel pit, located in Mt. Morris ( northeast of Flint).
I live in Flint and could go to the mounds any time. I only went there once back when it was free and didn't think it was worth going to. A lot of it was closed by the DNR because it's a wetlands area. They may have made improvements since they stated charging people to go there. You might like it but I'd rather go up north and ride some of the 3,000 miles of trails we have.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It may take 4 hrs yet well worth the trip, especially when staying for couple of days and plan on avoiding weekend traffic, or by leaving early to avoid rush hr. through larger cities. Time seems to also pass much quicker when your in conversation with others, works for me!
You might consider giving this guy a call up in Taylor Mi. I hear he's in need of a companion to help with a trip up north just about anytime your ready! Nice guy with vehicle and trailer and knows many of the better trails and places of interest from camp sites to best restaurants. That kind of knowledge is real helpful by saving many trips looking for these things! He's similar in age and has many things in common, like family matters and such! Once you do just one trip you'll be hooked by the U-per bug! Quoted by this here Lo-per dude. lol
CALL SOON! SUMMER IS WINDING DOWN, REAL FAST!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Well no doubt going up north would be a blast, love to do it one day but way to much going on in life right now to take the time. Heck I am busier in retirement than when I was working full time.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Working is all I seem to do lately. 6 days a week. I work 2nd shift so that's why I seem to probably post at all sorts of weird times. I'm awake when most people are sleeping. The one day I had last week(Sunday) it rained all day so no riding then. At least Labor Day is coming up soon so will get a few days off then. Will probably go to one of the riding parks south of me. I just prefer to take day trips and come back home mostly. Haven't camped in years. Went down to Land Between the Lakes(also known as Turkey Bay) in Kentucky a couple times but its been years since I've been there. Most of the riding buddies I had back then just don't ride much anymore. May go back some time but its a several hour trip from where I live. It is worth it though but there are nice areas within 100 miles that are easier to get to for a day trip.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Greg74 I am in the same situation so where you located? Just wondering if it might be possible to get together for a one day trip. I am about 10 miles south of Toledo not far from I-75. Just thinkin here...I know that might be dangerous..I am in the same boat as 4tracker but with my wifes health conditions a one day is about all I can do right now.

Quick Reply: southern Michigan riding