Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Pa,Oh,Ny,Wv,Va, Poker Runs, Rides, Special Events, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2000, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
Now that the snow is flying in the off season and spring is just around the corner, I wanted to create an informative thread on poker runs, group rides, special events, etc in our area.

The Cochranton Poker Run will be held Saturday, April 1, 2000. Registration info is available on the main page of the atv connection.

How about these events?
[OL][*]Madera Poker Runs (April 30, June 11, July 23, Sept 24) [*]Salamanca, Ny. dice run (or runs).[*]Quads, On-the-Rocks! II, ATV Trail Ride, Saturday, April 15, 2000; Tasker's Gap ORV Area, George Washington National Forest (Near Edinburg, VA).[*]Little Fort Trail Ride, AMA-Sanctioned (Trophies!) ATV & Dirt Bike Trail Ride, Sunday, April 16, 2000; Little Fort Recreation Area, George Washington Naional Forest [*]Tour de Forest, Marienville,Pa. May 20-21 (spring), a fall event is scheduled also.[*]Humphrey, Ny. dice run.[*]Sproul State Forest, Pa. Memorial Day weekend map location[*]Any others? Weekenders?

Old 02-04-2000, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

As new employment will be allowing me to take more time off, I'm hoping to get in on these poker runs and some large group rides this spring/summer. Hoping to get some together for Marienville.

Old 02-05-2000, 05:26 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve, I rode Cochranton last year; the good time I had was well-worth my drive from Northern VA. I've recommended attending to my club and to others. Thanks!

If you'll consider adding VA (WV USED to be part of VA!) to you list, at least the part near the states you already mention, please include:

Quads, On-the-Rocks! II, ATV Trail Ride, Saturday, April 15, 2000; Tasker's Gap ORV Area, George Washington National Forest (Near Edinburg, VA).

Little Fort Trail Ride, AMA-Sanctioned (Trophies!) ATV & Dirt Bike Trail Ride, Sunday, April 16, 2000; Little Fort Recreation Area, George Washington Naional Forest (same general area as above).

A weekend with two days riding is possible.Read about last year's QOTR (PA riders attended) at https://atvconnection.com/editor/fea...irginia/tg.htm

A trail map and driving directions are available at http://www.nvtr.org/taskers.html

Announcements are posted on this forum.

Come if you can; glad to have you!

Tree Farmer

Old 02-08-2000, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

The spring tour de forest is May 20-21.
go to:Tour de Forest

Old 02-09-2000, 07:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Do you know when the Madera run is?
We went last fall and had a great
time.
Also, does the Marienvelle ride
allow bikes?

Old 02-10-2000, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

The Tour de Forest does allow bikes, but 125cc or under. Madera dates are below.

Old 02-10-2000, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Regarding Tour de Forest, myself and a group of riders are very interested in attending this event !! I have heard alot of great stuff about this ride !!
I was wondering if anyone had a good spot to camp ?? Somewhere you can ride from the campground to the Marienville Fire House. I noticed there was a railroad line going thru town. Can you ride on them from somewhere close ?? Some info would be a great help ! I look forward to meet ing and riding with some of you guys !! I wouls like to ride with all of you, but i doubt we will "ALL" be there !!

See you there ....

Old 02-14-2000, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

The Madera Poker Run dates are as follows:
[ol][*]April 30[*]June 11[*]July 23[*]Sept 24
[/ol]
You may visit their site for info but is under construction for the 2000 year...Madera Poker Runs

We went to the fall run of 99 and had a ball even though it rained the whole weekend. The fire dept. hosts the event along with homecooked food by the auxilery....mmmmm gooood. Registration was a whole ten bucks! Trails are well marked, good for family rides, and there's plenty of hillclimbs, mudholes and play areas for the guys along the way. We ran the course twice (second for free and no poker chips) with some other 400's and banshees...don't miss out!

Old 02-14-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Sproul State Forest, in central Pa, can be found here...map location
Several of us western Pa'ers will be spending the four day Memorial day weekend there. Camping is very primitave and allowed at the trailhead with wooded sites and room for campers\trailers. Helmets and atv registration are required. Overnighters are requested to pick up a free camping permit at the nearby ranger station. Trail maps are available there, also.
"There is one area in the Sproul State Forest open to All Terrain Vehicles use. The area is located near
the Huling Branch of Two Mile Run and consists of old woods roads, old coal mining roads, and unreclaimed surface mining
areas. All the rest of the Sproul State Forest is closed to All Terrain Vehicle use."

Old 02-15-2000, 05:36 AM
Range Rover

Extreme: where is this Madera poker run? I have tried their website and get no responce. I am from western NY and are always looking for some new territory to ride.Thanks.

Quick Reply: Pa,Oh,Ny,Wv,Va, Poker Runs, Rides, Special Events, etc.