Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Trails in Middletown N.Y. area

Old 09-16-2002, 01:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plenty of trails over by Otisville along RR tracks, which you can
take to Port Jervis or towards Middletown, which have trails galore
off of that. GPS is a great tool. Anyone interested to hook up for some trailblazing let me know, during the week these trails are empty.

Old 09-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

I sometimes have time during the week. Let me know.

Old 09-17-2002, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

alright, cool creepster. maybe we can meet up with max cause he probably knows the trails. what do ya say max. i live in slate hill. maybe we can meet by janies on rte 6 on sunday sept 22. let me know.

Old 09-21-2002, 09:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

anytime any of you guys want to hook up and do some traildusting over
by my area or I could come to yours give me a shout rc@citlink.net
You can park behind otisville hardware and access the trails by the tracks or park near any powerlines and get access.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Trails in Middletown N.Y. area

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Five of us that work at the Mid Hudson Forensis Psych. Center just road the trails in the Ramapo Mts/Mahwah area. Man...I gotta tell you, they are definitely NOT for the feignt of heart. Some of those trails are down right dangerous! But we had a ball, none the less. Rode up the gas-line; some seriously steep mountains full of boulders of various sizes. If you get jammed up in those mts., good luck! They might not find your butt for some time (except maybe for the Jackson Whites). You can ride there for days and not cover all those trails. After a full day's ride we only covered 17 miles. That's how rugged they are. Anyway, if anyone get's the bug to go...get to the diner in Mahwah, just off 287 and go up Stag Mountain Rd. After a few miles you'll see the gas pipe line. Follow that and BE CAREFULL! Oh' and don't talk to the Jackson Whites, just nod hi and keep going. Have fun and good luck.

Old 10-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Trailblazer

Be very careful with the jackson whites. They collect broken down quads. Don't stop if they try to stop you, if you're not armed remember you have a 500lb quad to protect yourself. I've had many dealings with many of them and they are a tough group and attack the police without a second thought, those junk cars are all stolen. Once you get through stag hill you'll be okay. If you're new to riding and don't feel able to protect yourself stay on the mahwah side and ride the mud. Make sure you quads are registered and insured, don't go down the tral behind sharp. Suffern PD and Mawah PD are cracking down on that area. Mawah PD will sometime sit at the dead end at the base of stag hill, don't go near them while they are there. They'll give you some tickets.

Old 10-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

u guys are overreacting to the "jackson whites". they do not bother u. i even know some of them. they dont care if u ride stag hill or not. i've been riding there for years. those trails are awesome. i have to stretch my body for at least 10 minutes before i ride there. i just went last week with a friend i met on this forum. we had a blast. anyone looking to meet up there next weekend (10-18 or 10-19) , let me know. bring an extra pair of nuts. you might need them. some of the trails are very hairy.

Old 10-10-2002, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

Over reacting, I think not. Do you recall the police officer they beat up, ripped his radio out of his car and left him lying on the side of the road? It was a ramapo police officer to be exact. Mahwah PD has a similar incident.

MANY of the people up there are nice and some are not and have extensive police records. USE caution as you would going into any bad area. REMEMBER to SOME you are trespassing on Indain land and they get real ticked about it. There has been more than one occassion where a WARNING shot has been fired.

My experince with the folks up there is extensive, there is a group of hardcore people up there. Just be careful, be polite, stay on trails and leave if asked or told to. Just a note of caution, if you choose to stop on the trails on stag hill, be careful not to be stopped in any burial areas, some of them are marked by head stones along one of the popular trails. Many people are buried all over the hill in graves. Respect the people who live up there. Be careful to stay out of the parks, SO FAR they haven't cracked down on the gas lines, but I've seen a few start riding the parks and will be sure to ruin it sooner or later.

10/18 sounds like it might be good. What time did you have in mind?

Old 10-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

CREEPSTER,
I MEANT TO TYPE 10-19 OR 10-20. I HAVE TO WORK ON THE 18TH. SORRY. LET ME KNOW IF EITHER OF THOSE DAYS ARE ANY GOOD. CHECK YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES. I LEFT U MY CELL #.

JW

Old 10-10-2002, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

sorry, i wasn't yelling, i forgot to unlock my caps!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trails in Middletown N.Y. area