Where to Ride Share info on your favorite riding spot or ask others where to ride.

Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!

WACKJOB TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION YES IAM MEMBER OF TIMBER RIDGE BUT MY BUDDY FROM BLAIR ISNT IM game any time you want to ride up there but i can only go on sundays . that place down by the morman bridge is ok just not very big

Old 11-02-2002, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

I'll keep that in mind....
Unfortunately right now the only days that I have off are Friday and Saturdays. If my schedule changes I will let you know. I always like to ride with a group. Do you know of any other good places to ride around this area?

Eric
binboy@highstream.net

Old 11-20-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Timber Ridge still open, huh? i grew up just up the road from that place and i remember when it first opened. rode bikes out there a coupla times. Brian Bumann still run the place?
Hey, Rancherman, do you ride at Ely? been meaning to check it out but the quad's not rideable yet so i haven't been there yet.

Old 11-20-2002, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

I believe it is Richard and LaDonna Bauman..... We are going up this Friday hopefully. It's the best area around these parts that I have found yet. They just recentley started a website [L=]http://www.peelout.net[/L]

You know of any good places around to ride?

Eric

Old 11-20-2002, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

www.peelout.net

Don't know how to use the web link buttons yet?

Old 11-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Pro Rider

I heard that the membership for Timber Ridge is something like $500/year. Would that be worth it if we live about 2.5 hours away? How's the riding there?

Old 11-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for the URL!
wow, that really brought back memories! i forgot how awesome the terrain is for riding! my 1st ride on an atv was a friend's big red out there back in 72 or 73.
spent a lot of Friday nights at the Lodge too! LOL

ATVGurl, it is prolly the nicest place in IA for riding. unfortunately, i don't get over that way too often anymore. it doesn't look like they allow day riders and a membership for me is out of the question.

anyone know if Wilcox Park by Knoxville is still open?

Old 11-20-2002, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

ATV Gurl----

I don't have as much experience ridinng atvs as I do riding snowmobiles. I've riddenn in NE,IA,MN,the UP of Michigan, Colorado Rockies, the Rockies in Wyoming(Snowy Range area), and Alaska. My point is that I have seen annd ridden some extreme terrain! For those of us in the Midwest or worse off, us Nebraskans', we will NEVER, EVER find anything close to Timber Ridge. My advice is call the owners and ride the area. Although we had some friends who went up and didn't see the whole area. It has plenty of hills that you would never inn your right mind make it up alive!!! I recommend going up with another member and ride for a day. I am sure that will make up your mind!

Eric

Old 11-20-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks! You've certainly peaked my interest! I will have to check it out!

Old 03-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

hey everyone i just surfein around and i am from iowa i live near iowa city, oxford amana area... yea malhombre the knocksville park is open the old strip mines... its near bussy.. its still open.. my dad remembers the rides dwon tthere with his old Rm250.. well i am from iowa.. and ride around... www.iowaohv.com or ne one intersted

Quick Reply: Iowa Guys, how many we got here!!