Worst Stuck Photos Show us the gnarly mud! How deep can you go?

Grizzly 450 Stuck... well almost...

Old 11-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 450 Stuck... well almost...

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Where were you when you took this video? It looks kind of familiar.</end quote></div>

In NH [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] -- see your PM

Old 02-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Range Rover

Looks fun

Old 03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Trailblazer

Well I must say that was a deep rut....I am anxious now to get out and try newly purchased 06 650 brute force....my first owned atv but not the first I have driven...I had a ball last spring ...and spring in maine includes lots of ice and snow still into may....when ya go thru a water hole you are pushing huge chunks of ice as well....was over the racks many times and in mud a lot deeper than your pic....I was on, and don't laugh, lol...i was on a 02 bombardier traxter..the one with the open seat design in front....great for shifting weight quick to one side or the other and the on demand 4 wheel drive was amazing...it was submerged and would keep going....has never had a break down since it was new...all original except the tires....I was gonna get an outlander but too pricey so I found the deal on the brute....can't wait to go out with the boys..no more borrowing a machine....well happy trails and thanks for sharing...that was great camera work and good footage.....

Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks! It was fun! My girlfriend shot that with my Canon SD400 digital camera - does a pretty good job considering!

Where do you ride in Maine? I usually only ride south with some guys -- Limerick area.

-CS-

Old 03-03-2009, 07:18 AM
Trailblazer

Hey there crazy Steve....Well I ride right out my front door and am lucky that I am connected to miles n miles of logging roads and so many side trails that you would be a life time exploring them all.....anyways....I live in Washington County....the Sunrise County where the sun shines on our asses first...except this carcass usually isn't up at that time to see it...lol...anyways...out my front door is 40,000 acres of water including going into Canada unstopped by boat....the sign coming into town reads, "Welcome to Sportman's Paradise" it truly is...we are still snowmobiling hard up here....so far...knock on wood my ole skidoo safari is the only one that has not broke down....I have learnt that more horsepower means more money in repairs this year....a lot of my friends cats went down this year...dam ethanol business....and of course a few over zealous throttle mashers are looking for new chaincases.....told them that 900cc of energy has to go somewhere and it ain't purdy when it goes awry...well anyways this is am atv forum and I am rambling about sleds...sorry.....I have never drven a Kawasaki so how do you think the brute will do in the mud....it only has 190 miles on it but the few times I have had it out I already don't like the tires...but it was on snow and ice....they seem to roll like they are gonna come off the rim....would a wider radial help? I see a lot of suggestions in here on tires but it makes your head spin...lol....well happy trails

Old 03-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Pro Rider

I think a radial would definetly help. Even in stock size, the stiffer sidewalls will mean less roll like the stock tires do.

BTW, I'm in Maine too. Just did the Sunrise trail system last summer. Went from Beddington to Grand Lake Stream. Great trip, think I'll go back this year too.

Old 03-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Trailblazer

Hello rancher....well you were very close to me....Grandlake Stream and Princeton where I live is God's country...my mom was born and raised in GLS....I have a remote cabin past GLS that is near the ITS trails you were on....Did you get over and have lunch with my friends Chip n Reggie who have a canteena in the woods? Well thanks for the tip on the tires.....happy trails....

Old 03-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

The group I was with just stopped in GLS for gas, and a snack, then headed back towards Beddington. I think I was coughing up dust for the next week, but still had a great time.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

Looks fun Steve!!!!

I got a set of Bear Claws on my Kodiak and have yet to try them in any mud like that. I'd like to though. I got the stock size as my tires when I bought mine were about spent. They were about 200.00 shipped I believe. Got a good deal.

You get any sledding in this winter????

Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

now thats the kinda of holes we like to go in. my buddies 400 was the same way in reverse, very under powered.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grizzly 450 Stuck... well almost...