Worst Stuck Photos Show us the gnarly mud! How deep can you go?

Busted

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busted

The son and I went out 4 wheeling on some property that the company I work for owns. We wandered onto the neighboring trees and trails. We rode around checking it all out and I decided to check out one of the creeks. We went down the embankement and entered the shallow creek. Next thing I know, the mud gives out. My quad sinks like a brick. Headlights are under mud, floor boards are under mud, I am going to be under mud soon. I hooked the winch from the arctic cat up. Tried that, but the cat couldn't get any traction at all. I tied the cat to a tree with a tow strap for an anchor and still the mud was too deep and thick. About an hour later, I hear a voice from accross the creek saying"that sure sucks huh?" It was a county mounty. He told me, the least of my troubles was, we were under arrest, my truck/trailer and quads will be towed, and I/we will be prosecuted for criminal trespass. He asked for our information, which I gave. Figured lying wouldn't get me anywhere but into more trouble, considering he had my truck plates probably already ran. He asked where I lived and worked. I told him. He took off his sunglasses and asked me if I was so and so's old neighbor. I said "yeah". He shut his notebook and asked how long it would take me to get out? I told him ten minutes tops(nevermine the hour we already tried to get out). I hooked the cat up as close as I could with the tow strap, and about 4-5 full pulls, she popped out of the quick sand. Oh, yeah. It wasn't mud, but good ol, Gulligan's Island quick sand (so the mounty told me later). We rode out with our tails between our legs. Here were 2 mounties sitting by my truck. He told, go home, get written permission from work and the land owner of the trails, and oh yeah, have a nice day. I would have pics, but my phone got a little bit muddy and wet. Moral to the story-pays to know your neighbor, who knows cops, who tells, the cops how good of a neighbor you are, and the cop just happens to be the one busting you for criminal trespassing, and happens to remember that you are neighbors of the guy that he knows.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Very nice of him to let you go.

I'm guessing you owe your neighbor a nice dinner.

Old 09-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Wow! Great story man. You got through by the skin of you teeth! Just goes to show sometimes it's who ya know.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I think I'd buy a nice turkey for Thanksgiving time to say you appreciate his good words on your behalf. Oops... You are in Canada. I'd get something nice, though.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I think I'd buy a nice turkey for Thanksgiving time to say you appreciate his good words on your behalf. Oops... You are in Canada. I'd get something nice, though.
Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away for them.

Old 10-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by scootergptx
thanksgiving is only a few weeks away for them.

this!!!

Old 10-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

yikes, they dont arrest people up there in canada do they???

Old 10-28-2009, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Rude Robert
yikes, they dont arrest people up there in canada do they???
Nah, they just say, "Don't do that again, ay."

Old 05-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Nah, they just say, "Don't do that again, ay."

HEY!!!!! thats "eh" not ay mercans

Old 05-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Bad Name

I wonder why people on quads get a bad reputation? "I am sure this guy won't mind me trespassing on his property..."

Quick Reply: Busted