Yamaha Side by Sides Talk about the durable Yamaha Sport and Utility

Rhino top speed.

Old 01-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino top speed.

I have the after market CDI in my 06' 660 Rhino. The fastest I've had it is 50 mph down hill on a highway. Straight and level wide open is abt 48mph by myself with the tires pumped up. Why would you want to go much faster anyway? The stock Rhino is too unstable if you need to make an evasive maneuver.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino top speed.

You would want to go faster if you had a Rhino with mods that improve handling and stability. My Rhino has a 15" wider track width and 4" longer wheelbase than a stock Rhino, and is an entirely diffferent animal when it comes to stability. Sliding it sideways at 50 mph is no problem at all; it is super stable, super predictable, and so smooth riding that it feels more like a mini trophy truck than a Yamaha Rhino. Too bad the Lonestar long travel suspension and Elka shocks cost so much money to be able to get those results. But a modified Rhino like this has such good handling that it could very easily handle triple the horsepower of a stock Rhino. And a few extra mph from and aftermarket sheave are very easily handled. Mine only goes 55 mph, but even that small amount of extra speed makes it much easier to "keep up" with the Razr's with bigger engines when you're racing them in a desert race in the Nevada desert.

So it depends on what mods the Rhino has, and what you are using it for. If you're using it to ride around the farm, or putt along ATV trails, you don't need more speed. If you're racing it, and have the mods to improve handling already done, then you need all the extra speed your wallet can afford. I wish I could afford another 10 mph, but it starts getting real expensive at this point. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-10-2008, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default Rhino top speed.

My step brother has a full suspention moded Rhino but has minimal upgrades to the motor and now his rhino handeles so good that it is almost boring to ride becouse of the lack of power and speed.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino top speed.

Exactly! The long travel suspension upgrades totally transform the Rhino. The improvement is so huge that you find yourself taking anything and everything at wide open throttle. Three foot deep washout in the road? No problem, just keep the throttle pinned and the suspension sucks it up like its no big deal. A long travel Rhino could use a whole lot more power and speed than it has from the factory.

DV