Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 08:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Not me, and I don't ride with people who do. Do I think its wrong to drink while your riding? Yes. Am I gonna run out to everyone on the trail and tell them how stupid I think it is? No. I can't stop them. But I do have the right to not ride with them, and voice my opinion of the act. Thats what I do. Two years ago there were two quad riders riding a local area in Va. that were drunk and running backwards on a trail. They hit a little 5-8yr old on his little PW50 and killed him. Would you want to be either one of those guys? Not me. And if I was the father of that little boy...........Oh......don't get me started. Please don't get me wrong I don't look down on any of you guys. I just have some very firm standards of what I do on the trail. What everyone else does is up to them. I just don't have to be expected to agree with it.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:14 AM
Pro Rider

when I think i'm gunna drink I get out the polaris ranger..........
I deffinately wouldn't ride the craptor drunk...........

Old 12-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

FlynBryan, I agree 100 %. We always save the beer until after the ridings done for the day. I had a relative who killed someone while drinking and driving, and was never the same after, up until the day he killed himself. A few beers is not worth my life, or having to live the rest of my life knowing that I killed some-one over an irresponsible action.

Old 12-05-2003, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

your going to get a pile of people saying how bad it is to ride and drink but it is up to you.
You're right... it is up to you. But when you run into me or one of mine when yer drunk your *** whoop'n is gonna be up to me! That's a fuuckt up way of looking at it pal.

...also and your not in a car or truck that could wipe out a family your only going to hurt yourself if you have to much.
Amazing! And I'll bet you ride a quad "because it's easier than a bike".

I'm not say'n I've never made a mistake, but there comes a time in one's life when you've got to grow up and be a responsible person/adult. Believe me, this Mormon boy has downed a few in his day. I don't have an issue riding near someone that just downed a 12ozr, but keep the hell away from me and mine if yer drunk. Actually, if your riding drunk near me or mine you won't really care, so expect to see the nasty side of selector. You won't remember it, but you'll feel it.

I love my wife and boys and care for the well being others too much to allow such unecessary risks to exist. Call me what you will, but that's the straight shot from selector.

Edit: <u>And before you tear me a new one, remember that I'm looking out for your young son/daughter/wife/you with everything I've said above and you know damn well you'd do the same thing to protect your family and hopefully innocent bystanders too. I'm one of those guys that won't just stand around waiting bad things happen to people.</u>

Old 12-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I have to admit to this too. I'm not goint to admit to shooting anybody from my quad though, the cops could never prove it was me.
I don't drink and ride the Raptor, that think will bite me, but if I'm riding the 4x4 I may have one or two.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:02 AM
Pro Rider

I agree totally with Selector. That's all that needs to be said, I have never ridden drunk, or even after drinking. I know some people that do, but the last time I was at Waynoka when he was there, he sunk his Banshee in a big pond, he was lost in the dunes for like 5 hours till 5 in the morning, after tons of people were looking for him.

I also have a friend whose dad was killed at Waynoka when he was riding a 3 wheeler up a dune and a drunk f*ck in a buggy flew over the dune and landed on him.

USE YOUR COMMON SENSE

Note: This is not for the guys that have 1 or 2, but the a$$holes that get pants pissin knee knockin drunk and ride.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

Note: This is not for the guys that have 1 or 2, but the a$$holes that get pants pissin knee knockin drunk and ride.
Ditto.

Old 12-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: WallStreet

Selector/Wallstreet, I do have to say in Shasta's defense. I don't believe he was talking about gettin' pi$$ drunk. I believe he said something along the lines of 1-2 brews. Although I still don't really agree with it, In his defense he's not saying its ok to get trashed and go ride.......

Old 12-05-2003, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: trx250Rob
I admit it, I'll drink a few brews when I ride.
uuuhhmmmm....Rob, you and me drink a few as soon as we get to to the spot, before we even ride while we are letting the quads warm up and we gear up, then a few more here and there[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Selector/Wallstreet, I do have to say in Shasta's defense. I don't believe he was talking about gettin' pi$$ drunk. I believe he said something along the lines of 1-2 brews. Although I still don't really agree with it, In his defense he's not saying its ok to get trashed and go ride.......
My initial reply was directed @ Wolv03 in response to his reply - I don't know that Shasta needs defending.

Quick Reply: DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???