Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???

Alright guys admit it do ya drink a few cold ones while your ridin'??? Yeah I know there is a slight possibllity you could hurt someone else but 99% of the time it's just you. With hold your name if ya want to. But fess up who drinks and ride? I will admit I do! I know this will start some ****...but thats why I posted it!
Don't come up with some lame a$$ government statistic. I want the truth from the riders with out judgement! Just because you don't ..Don't down some one else because they do. This is still a some what free country. A lot of us hillbillys get back in the hills so we can enjoy a cold one with out risking a DUI. Yeah I know someone is gonna holler bad for the sport...but if I can't have my kind of good time on my atv its not much of a sport to me.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:04 AM
Pro Rider

Shasta, I think most of us who Indulge in a drink or two have done somthing we shouldn't have.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

I'll only admit it makes me go faster![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider

When I hop on a machine with shorts, short sleeves, no sandals, and no helmet, Im ignorant and get caught up in the moment so I still push it as hard as it will go so I figure id do the same with a drink only more so and hurt myself. 1 or 2 beers though? id get more of a buz from lingering exhaust fumes.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

I take my riding pretty seriously, so I don't drink and ride. The only exceptions are a cooler during a garage session where it might be a quick run around the acerage just to test out mods or test a product to fine tune. Other than that, I don't break out the liquid IB profen till after the riding day is done...that's when I really need it!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 12:27 AM
Range Rover

I do !!!! I have a friend that got a DUI ona bike, yes on a bicycle !!!! IT IS TRUE.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Why do you think they call them 6 pack racks. Yeah, I tip some beers with my friends riding but havent gotten loaded out on the trail, you can only carry so many. The real partiers are the guys lining up to buy the Rhino.

Old 12-05-2003, 12:38 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Don't drink and drive nor quad and drive. I have to set an example for my kids.

I will drink and outhouse though[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 12:46 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!

I don't drink (and can't even if I wanted to) and definately wouldn't if I was riding.

Just remember unless you are on your own private land, you aren't the only one out there on the trails/dunes/etc.

And it is completely possible to receive a DUI on a quad. Especially in CA at any of the state parks. All sections of the Vehicle Code apply out there. I suppose you could even be cited for an open container if you happened to be sitting on your bike watching people.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 12-05-2003, 01:01 AM
Range Rover

drinking isnt the only thing that you shouldnt do... i dont drink or smoke during a ride... need the reflexs for the tard that cant ride.. that i normaly am with...

Old 12-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Well i drink alot when its hot and on the river, we can carry alot of beer on our utes. Last ride this summer we went on there were 6 of us and went through 5 cases, but thats an all day ride, and my buddy with his raptor always turns it wheels up in the river after about 8 beers, we get it going the he proceeds to flip over forwards on a hill, then when we get back to the bridge he jumps a hill with all the other sports and comes off it backwards, so id say dont drink and ride a sprot but if your on a utility its ok [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: DUI on a 4 wheeler !!!???