Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 02-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Where do I find the Vin On A 99 Big Bear

Well I think its a 99, just got it thats what the guy said. Its a 4x4 350 which seems was made from 97-99. Anyway I have put it on ramps and gotten under It I cant find a Vin Number on the frame. Are they on a plate that could have been removed? Or stamped into the frame?
Old 02-13-2004, 10:02 PM
The Facility
Garage is empty, add now

ztec,

Your VIN number is 17 characters long and is stamped into the lower left frame rail.

Looking at the tip of your gear shifter........look about another 10 inches forward. You might have to remove some crud, but it's there........or should be.
Old 02-14-2004, 06:48 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Im not seeing it anywhere I got it sparkling clean. I have looked from underneath as well, Is it something you should be able to see without getting under? Theres no evidence of grinding it off.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:21 PM
The Facility
Garage is empty, add now

No, you just be able to see it by just squatting down beside the unit.

All Yamaha ATVs have the serial number in this same location

The stamping isn't very "deep", so it's not going to just stick out there anyway unless you know what you are looking for.
Old 02-14-2004, 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

ok thanks I appears some parts of the frame have been spray painted maybe thats covering it up. So basiclly if im squating down next to the frame i can seen it somewhere between the end of the shifter and before the front fender? Guess I need to take some paint off or something. Is the vehicle year in the vin number? If so which of the 17 digits is it?
Old 02-14-2004, 09:56 PM
The Facility
Garage is empty, add now

ztec,

If I'm not mistaken, on the BigBear........half of the number will run forward....past the front fender, right before the frame "turns in" for the A-arm mounts.

Old 02-14-2004, 09:56 PM

Tags
2000, 2010, 350, 400, bear, big, bigbear, codes, find, location, number, serial, vin, wheres, yamaha