Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 660 vs 2 stroke 250cc dirt bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 03:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 660 vs 2 stroke 250cc dirt bike

Notice the title says Raptor 660, and none of these people claiming to be able to beat them have a 660. With the same logic, lets port the bike, extend the swingarm, and put a big bore kit in it.

Old 05-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aksafari
Ok. sounds like fun!

But, I don't really want or need advice from a jerk, thanks.
well I appologize for being a "jerk" but I do take offence to someone mocking what I enjoy doing.....
but that advice is something that you should probably really think about..

and to motox26.......I never made any cracks about his intelligence or common sence......
dont' know where that came from?
and how would the bike he rode effect that?

Old 05-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: BigBubba
With my setup 250's are a joke. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This is why I was cracking down on him, even IF one of you guys do beat a good running bike, you will not make a 250 look like a joke.

Keep in mind that I like quads better, so I am not taking sides, but I am just stating the truth is all. I am trying to get rid of my RM to get one of the new 450's
Dude, your a dumba$$. I DO beat 250's easily, I ride with 3 of them everytime I go and ride, I think I know what I'm talking about. I beat them by at least 3-5 bike lengths. I donno why you think your so right, look at my freakin sig, my Rappy isnt stock or even close. You're just an ignorant ba$tard that can't accept the fact that a quad can beat a 250. Get real man.

I'm sure a freakin 250 bike can beat a stock Rappy, and if it can't thats kinda sad. BUT IM NOT STOCK! Get the point Mr. Thick Skull...Oh and just to let you know 250's are a joke when they race me.

I donno why this thread was started but it's keeping me entertained [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JakalWarrior
Notice the title says Raptor 660, and none of these people claiming to be able to beat them have a 660. With the same logic, lets port the bike, extend the swingarm, and put a big bore kit in it.
I have a 660.........and I said that it would get WAXED by my bike

Old 05-19-2004, 04:05 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BigBubba- calm down there ace, making me laugh so hard with all the name callin over the internet big man. (haha) All this just because you can not beat a dirt bike no matter how hard you try, that must be why ur hot and bothered. Actually if ur in the sand or something where the bike will not hook up, u may be telling the truth, if this is so then I apologize.

Anyhow, we are just going around in circles, but this is quite intertaining, especially after all the yfz vs. trx hype that has gone on and on and still going.

And Bigbubba, if it makes you feel fast, ur quad will more than likely spank mine. There, Im not biased, but ur still not going to beat my RM. Before you get mad, just trying to make you laugh.

Old 05-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bubba, you going to race in dunefest? If so ill line up my small bores to you. I guess that will settle it hmm?

Old 05-19-2004, 04:12 PM
Range Rover

You are crazy as hell bubba, sorry bud, but ur going to get waxed on your precious raptor by a 250. Look at the power to weight ratio for god sakes. I mean COME ON man come back down to earth, Have you ever ridden a 250?

I'll be dam*ed, I need to comb my hair back as well! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-19-2004, 04:20 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really wish every one on these forums could get together and ride for a weekend and find out for sure who the bullsh!ters are.

1 of 2 things would happen,

1. We would have the time of our lives because of common interest.

2. We would kill each other over the same stupid arguments.

U guys think #1 or #2

Old 05-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigScary
Originally posted by: aksafari
Ok. sounds like fun!

But, I don't really want or need advice from a jerk, thanks.
well I appologize for being a "jerk" but I do take offence to someone mocking what I enjoy doing.....
but that advice is something that you should probably really think about..

and to motox26.......I never made any cracks about his intelligence or common sence......
dont' know where that came from?
and how would the bike he rode effect that?
It's not me to mock anyone. Just asking the Q: Where's the relevance?
The Baja 1000 race, which I'm sure you've heard about, is divided into classes. MANY classes. You know why. The very division of the race into classes goes to the heart of my question. It's silly to compare, let alone ARGUE, about a race between such dramatically different classes of rides. Why not start a discussion : Who will win? A blown, tube frame Toyota truck or an ATC200x?
A bike and quad do such different jobs in such different ways that it's not even a comparison. If you would ask yourself if your Rappy can beat a bike, then why not just race everything that you see? Race the planes taking off at the airport, race down the return strip at the drags and try and beat the cars in the door slammer class, race the horses at the local Downs, race the drag boats at the river, just a little brush clearing and you can race along the bank!!
I can totally relate to racing, just not trying to figure out who would win in a total mis-match like Bike vs. Quad. Too many freaking variables to even answer that question without actually racing. THEN, there are people that have Raptors that are barely even Raptors any more. And would a skinny guy like me beat you right after you beat a fat guy on the same bike?

I have to admit, there certainly is a lot of interest in this thread... for being such a wacky question.
I'll apologize, too, for resorting to name calling. That was uncalled for.

Old 05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Range Rover

Ooo tough one, probably #1, because a lot of people that say they have these fast quads will show up on old breezes or something. Since they know there slow there would be no fighting.

Or #3, just the yamaha boys will fight because they even fight with each other.

(I bet 14mins rides a Honda) hehe

Quick Reply: Raptor 660 vs 2 stroke 250cc dirt bike