Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

95 Wolverine Float Setting

Old 10-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Wolverine Float Setting

Does anyone have the factory spec on the float height. Please keep in mind this is for the 36mm flat-slide. 96+ used different carbs. Would an incorrect float height cause a "burbble" when hitting the gas. Ive tryed everything and this is my last hope.

Old 10-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

From the manual for a '95 Wolverine---
Hold the carburetor in an upside down position.
Measure the distance from the front mating surface of the float chamber (gasket removed) to the top of the float.
NOTE: The float arm should be resting on the needle valve, but not compressing the needle valve.
If the float height is not within specification, inspect the valve seat and needle valve.
If either is worn, replace them both.
If both are fine, adjust the float height by bending the float tang on the float.
Recheck the float height

Specification 11.4-13.4mm or 0.45-0.53in

I've been into quite a few warrior and '95 wolverine carbs and have yet to adjust the float height. Has this carb been apart before and the tang bent? or are you just now having the stumble. The '95 did have a stumble from the factory, but shouldn't be too bad once the carb is jetted right and an aftermarket filter installed. My instinct would point me towards the accelerator pump on the left side of the carb. If it is stuck down, you will get a massive stumble off idle.

Hope this helps.

Ride on.

P.S. do a search. I've responded to carb issues on wolverines and warriors before. Read all you can, information like this from other users is quite valuable.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately check the accel pump and spring,the factory one is the wimpiest thing I've ever seen, mine would stick down constantly, a cheap and easy fix is to replace it with a spring from a click type ink pen, the old style that screw apart in the middle.It is the same size, but about 5 times stronger, that will fix the bog off idle, or keep it from coming back. You may need to play with the pump arm position to get the right shot of gas out of it, as well.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the great responses. I have had the accel pump problem in the past and my current problem is not near as severe. (I think I will try the new spring idea anyway). This problem happens when rpms are high, then drop low, (when shifting gears)then when getting on it again I get a "Bla, Bla". It sorta does a "double pump".
Now some history. Gas was leaking from carb so I pulled it and had shop put in a new needle/seat. I also mentioned to mechanic that it sneezed a little in the winter so he drilled out my pilot jet. Well after that I had this new burble which I assumed was because the pilot jet was now too fat. After getting sick of this, I installed factory pilot jet. Problem did not change. Since then I have had the carb off several times. Tryed pilot screw in all settings, adjusted notch in needle up and down, cleaned all passages, even tryed a K&N needle. Nothing makes it go away. Now I have everthing back to 100% stock(stock bike). Then it occured to me when changing the needle/seat the mechanic could have changed the float setting. Bike starts good, idles good, performs good. Just has this annoying burble that was not there before I had carb serviced. Any other ideas?