Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Full Exhaust setup for Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Full Exhaust setup for Raptor?

Sorry about that, well someone may get lucky!

Old 10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

I am in the process on installing a full HMF system, I will let you know my results.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider

I have a CT full exhaust on my 03 Raptor. The power gain is awesome, however i had a horrible time with customer service, shipping and durability w/ my pipe. Maybe I was just the most unlucky person to ever use CT but in my opinion I would go w/ someone else. Less than two months after the pipe was installed the spark arrestor fell off( somehow the allens fell out and I lost the baffle and packing but luckily found the arrestor), the heat wear on the header is pretty bad. Also make sure you ask any questions you might have to them at least three times, becaus I asked twice and it was still wrong.

Not to sound so negative, but it was the biggest mistake parts wise I ever made on a quad.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: YamRap
I have a CT full exhaust on my 03 Raptor. The power gain is awesome, however i had a horrible time with customer service, shipping and durability w/ my pipe. Maybe I was just the most unlucky person to ever use CT but in my opinion I would go w/ someone else. Less than two months after the pipe was installed the spark arrestor fell off( somehow the allens fell out and I lost the baffle and packing but luckily found the arrestor), the heat wear on the header is pretty bad. Also make sure you ask any questions you might have to them at least three times, becaus I asked twice and it was still wrong.

Not to sound so negative, but it was the biggest mistake parts wise I ever made on a quad.
I have had just the opposite experience. CT sold me the pipe and screwed up the shipping and sent it to the retailer I purchased it from instead of to my house. CT apologized and payed to have it overnighted express and get it too me by 930 am the next day. A few weeks later I noticed a pinhole in the weld at the point where the headers connect. CT offered to fix it foc, all I had to do was pay for the shipping to them and they would fix it and send it back on thier dime. I and Alan (the ct guy) thought that perhaps a little carbon buildup would seal the hole. So I waited and it seemed to be fine until I did some internal modifications. I called Alan up the other day, over a year since I purchased the pipe, and he offered me the same deal to fix it. I will be sending it out in a couple of weeks.

Durability wise, the ct has kept its finish very well and the spark arrestor/endcap has been removed and reinstalled on a couple of occasions with no problems whatsoever. I am very happy with my purchase both with the product and service.

I suggest that anyone having problems with CT should contact Alan. From what I understand he is fairly high up on the food chain there and he has always done me right.

The sparks pipe is a great one, and the only other pipe I would EVER consider putting on my machine. I like the fact that for the price of less than 1 hp and a couple of pounds I have the ability to tune the pipe to any sound level I need. The ct is quieter than the sparks and many other aftermarket pipes I have seen and that is with all 16 discs installed for peak performance.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:39 PM
Range Rover

I have a fairly stock 04 Raptor 660 and about two months ago I added a complete Paul Turner pipe kit (FatBoy 4) and the approriate jets as well as making a minor mod to the airbox lid. Its like the thing woke out of a coma. It has a lot more pep and the pipe definately made a big difference. The other things that I like about it is that the silencer bolts directly to your frame instead of using clamps. I have noticed as well that the stainless headers and mid pipe also retain thier nice look much longer than other systems. In addition, all the Paul Turner pipes have individual serial numbers and have lifetime warranty. My only complaint is, don't let anyone tell you that it is "not too loud." The place where I purchased it and had it installed told me it wouldn't be too loud, they lied! It rediculously louder than stock and my neighbors now all hate me. When I let a friend ride it, you could hear it echoing off the woods about 1/3 of mile away when he accelorated. Oh well. Its a free country. Good luck pipe hunting![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider

i have the CT full kit, and love it, check out my pics for the REAL dyno numbers on that pipe, but the dyno runs on ct's page are pretty accurate, i ran on a conservative dyno on a hot day.

Old 10-21-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

MBRP drag pipe.Way more mid and top.I also have an MBRP full race system that I use when not drag racing. It is quieter than the Sparks but is still a little loud. I like the way both pipes perform and have been more than satiesfied. Not sure how the drag pipe would work on a stock bike though.

Old 10-22-2004, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

I run Yoshi full system with edelbrock carb and no lid on air box and just love this set up.
rnuts