Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Problem help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Problem help plz

Ok my problem is getting the quad to start. I was riding a few weeks ago and i was on my way home when the quad bogged down and stalled and i could not get it to start again. I pushed it home and waited a while and tried to start it again. I got it to start and i thought it was ok but i started to ride slowly in 1st then 2nd gear and it bogged down everytime i gave it gas. I thought my problem was my carb. I checked it out and it was working fine. Now i think my problme could be my stator. I havent tried to start it in bout a week and i tried this morning and it made a really weird sound coming from the back of the bike. Could my only problem be the stator. Could that be why its bogging and not starting? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because i really need some help. You can reply, e-mail me privately, or contact me on AIM. Thank you soo much

Jeff
missionx96x@optonline.net
AIM- Missionx69x

Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Problem help plz

My warrior had exactly the same problem, give it gas, and your dead in a field. I went straight to the carb and discovered that my main jet adjustment was tightened all the way down! I don't know how that happened, I have never touched it before. It might have been the previous owner or something. Also, if that noise was like a clicking, check to see if your battery cables are tight. Mine kept getting loose because the rubber bungee was not holding it down tight enough, so everytime i jumped, it would loosen a bit.
Hope this helps you.