Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 12:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

K, The mod was Super Easy.... I can't figure out how the hell to post pics in the forums...its totally different from all the other forums I go to. Anyway, I'll get the pics down loaded tomarrow and send them to ya via email unless somebody 'round here can tell me how to post them HERE.
Later,
Brad

Old 04-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey gtnby2,

Can I also get the shots? rob@entsyscorp.com

This will be great! I have an 05 Bruin 2x4. My buddies have a Grizzly and a Brute Force so anything I can do to help my cause will be great.

Thanks,
Rob.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Elite Pro Rider

try this
how to post pictures

Old 04-20-2005, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to know it works, I dont like the limiter on my Bruin. Wish I had a bypass

Old 04-20-2005, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

hey thanx gtnby2 im gonna try it. hopefully i dont get any urges to do it my way (the wrong way, but quicker...). if it worked for you and whats his name, then maybe it'll work for me too.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:15 AM
Weekend Warrior

Okay, posted the pics on my page. I couldnt fit the whole discription on them so I'll post it here.
Refer to pics as you read. I started with a mini micro swith from radio shack ($3.21), a 5 foot piece of 24 gauge speaker wire (thats what I had, use 18 or 16 if you have it), a pair of needle nose pliers, a 8mm socket, Wire crimpers, a ring crimp connector, a female bullit crimp connector, a drill and a 1/4 in drill bit. CAREFULLY remove the wire in the RED sheathing from the top of the tranny with the needle nose pliers. (Fig 1). Slide the sheathing back to expose the wire. Two things, If you have a female bullit connector, you can cut the plastic outer coating off of it and bend it to look EXACTLY like the factory connector on your machine(which is what I did). If you don't, Try to remove some of the wire coating and soilder and tape one side of your speaker wire to the wire in the red sheath and reinstall it on the tranny. Take the other side of the speaker wire and crimp the ring connector on it. Remove the 8mm bolt (Fig 2) and install the wire on the back side of the bolt in between the wire keeper( so its out of the way and not noticable). Zip tie it to the battery ground cable that is in front. Run the wire up to the instrument console taking care not to get it close to the exhaust or anything that might burn it in two or make the wire brittle. Zip tie it to existing wires.
Take the switch and soilder the wires to the leads on the switch. I took a rubber light cover out of an old after market car gauge and put a hole in it just big enough for the wire to go through and slid it up over the back of the switch to help keep it dry. Tape would work just as good. Drill a 1/4 in hole into the console(if you got the same switch I did) and mount the switch (Fig 3). Now when you put it in reverse the light for reverse come on, flip the switch and the red light goes out....HANG ON!!!! If you have any more questions, just let me know.
P.S. give the moderators a few days to review and approve my page again B4 anybody goes psycho with excitement....K? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-25-2005, 01:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

Here is someone else who did this to a Grizzly....
Reverse Bypass 2002 Grizzly

Old 04-26-2005, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

hey, I'm not quite following what i read (im an idiot). I was just wandering, if i wanted to eliminate the switch and all the hassle with it, could i just pull some 16 guage wire from the red wire to the battery's ground? am i missing anything? I just want to eliminate the switch. Is that possible?
Thanks,
Frank

Old 04-26-2005, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

Yeah its possible but your reverse light will not work anymore and I dont think its a good idea. If ANYONE gets on your bike and doesn't know it hauls *** in reverse they could break there neck in a hurry. But if youre not worried about it, just connect a wire to the one in the red sheath and run it to ground where I should you in the pics. Didn't you post earlier about doin' this on another bike? I actually followed your suggestions on it and re wrote it with pics!!!! So THANK YOU!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-26-2005, 04:12 PM
Trailblazer

Well, your halfway right. I did post it, but it was more of a copy-and-paste from another forum. I wanted someone to decifer it for me and apparently you were the one who did. From what i read, you couldn't really damage your quad if you followed the test procedure he set up and i would not have posted it if you could. I did forget his name, but he did it to his kodiak. As far as the pictures and the rewriting goes, Thank you. I followed yours closer and you had detail added. One question: By the ground, do you mean the 1/4 inch bolt on the frame you just stuck it on? If thats it, then i will do it. as far as hauling ***, that will be me when i forget but i will warn everybody who touches my machine. im gonna try getting good at endo's in reverse without just spiking the brakes. Also, the pictures made it a lot easier to visualize what im gonna do too.
Thanks,
Frank

Quick Reply: BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS