Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 11:19 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BRUIN 350 REVERSE OVERRIDE BYPASS

Hey all I'm new to the board but I got my 2 sense to add... I as well, as the most of you have the Bruin 350 4x4, and I found this just now (ebay) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW this my help you. Now my question is did any of you do this one I just posted ? if so how dose it work and is there any way I can hide it or something because I got a 4 year warranty. on mine and just incase something goes on it I’m not F’ed in my A. Also I’m thinking of putting on the mud light tires 26” probable, dose anyone know if this is a good tire set up for this bike?

Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Range Rover

gtnby2, thanks alot for your help on this i just now looked at your pics and i need a little help on fig 2. Didn't see what exsatly it was you did. and also if lets say something happednd to my bike in the up coming years while under Warranty, would it be able to come off easy enough so i could take it to the shop and they wouldn't notice the slight mod i did? Then bring it home and put back on ??? if you had any more pics that may help me or just to explain peice by peice to me ?! Joshbreiding@juno.com please and thanks

Old 04-29-2005, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys

Just to let you know that it could get done in about 5 to 10 minutes if you want to do it quickly.
I will take pics when I have a little time and give instruction at the same time. The wire to look for is white with a green stripe it is in a plug of four wire.

I will get back to you guys when I have time to take pics.

Mike

Old 05-01-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: gtnby2
Here is someone else who did this to a Grizzly....
Reverse Bypass 2002 Grizzly
Gtnby~

That's my old web site....thanks for the link, my new home, and that page in particular is: http://www.silverbearatvs.com/revor.htm

BTW...I also have an 05 Bruin 350 4X4 entering my stable. Thanks for figuring out how to bypass the reverse limiter on the quad. Saved me some time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 10-08-2007, 02:26 AM

This kit sold on ebay works on the 800 EFi, It fits all Polaris sportsman's and takes 5 minutes to install, no cutting of factory wires. Item cost $5.99 And worked great on my atv adn has been on for 3 years. reverse bypasses available also.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mountai...subZ245007018QQfrsrcZ1

Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default longshot

i know this is a longshot because this is an old thread but.... can someone tell me how to override the reverse limiter on my 2004 yamaha bruin 350. i cant find anything on here at all. thanks in advance.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Nice to know there's people out there that you can get he but where did you ground it

Originally Posted by Grubes
Yeah I dont like the rev limiter. My brother's Brute Force 750 came with a bypass. Ive only taken it up to 20 in reverse because the irs almost flipped me sideways. Im really good with fullsize trailers on mine so i got the hang of it. Also, DONT flood it in reverse because what the limiter does is grounds every other spark on the plug hence the putting it does when you rev it up. If you continue to do it, your plug will just foul so its kind of a waste. There is a way to get rid of it tho without any bypasses. I pasted this out of someone elses text. (Sry i forgot your name) But i think im gonna try it because there is no destruction involved in it. Everything just bolts or plugs back in place:
here is the way around it. i just did this on my kodiak last night. I am pretty sure it will work for the bruin. You first must take the air box completly off to have access to the trans from the top. once it is off you sould see a couple off sensors about 4" back. at this point, turn the key on put it in rev. you are going to have to find the reverse sensor. i believe it is the one all the way to the right (looking at them from the back of the bike) start by pulling the sensor connector off the far right sensor. the reverse light should go off, if it does it is the reverse sensor. if not put it back on and try another one. once the light goes off you have found the correct sensor. when you find the right one put the rear end off the bike in the air for a test run. first run it in rev with the sensor connector on and the rev limiter witll be on. now take the connector off and run a wire from the connector to a ground. the rev. light should go off and now give it gas, there should be no limiter. I accomplised overcomming the limitor by haveing a override pushbutton switch grounded to the bike, and then spliced into the reverse sensor connector. this way you can have ithe limitor on or off.
let me know if it works

Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Originally Posted by DONTHATE
I HAVE A 350 BRUIN THAT BOGGS DOWN IN REVERSE. DOSE ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO BYPASS THE GOV. TO GET THE FULL POWER. ALSO IT DOSEN'T WANT TO SHIFT PASS SECOND.
Your 350 Briun/Grizzly has a second gear? Mine only has a gas and go CVT foward.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

tonight I bypassed my reverse limiter on my bruin 2006 350. on the left side there is a green wire with a white tracer, covered in a red sheath. This wire goes to a sensor switch on the back top left side of the engine. When your bike is in forward this wire is connected to the ground circuit in the bike. When you shift into reverse this switch opens and this in turn sends a signal to the CDI control box which then controls the spark and limits the engine power. To bypass this you have to tap into this wire and ground it to eliminate this the bypass happening. I used a small toggle switch and connected one end to the battery ground (-) and the other to the green wire with the white tracer, which is inside this red sheath, looks like a wire but, is only a protective cover over the green/white wire. When I turn on the new switch and the bike is in reverse the red light on the dash indicating reverse goes out and no more limiter......happy days not stuck in the mud any more....When I am done using the new feature I switch the switch back and allow the limiter to work as designed just for safety reason...hope this helps...