Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha YFM100 Champ HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha YFM100 Champ HELP

Just wondering if anyone has any onfo. on this atv ? First off, does anyone know of a website that has a downloadable service manual for this atv ?
I am needing some information on where to find the year of this atv, it has white fenders and other parts are red. I am sure there is a tag somewhere or VIN #'s on the frame somewhere.
I need this info. to order parts .
I also would like to know how to get the flywheel cover off , I have the three phillips screws out and the shifter off . But it still won't come off. Do I have to take the clutch adjustment screw and locknut off ? Also, I had some oil run out of the gap between the cover and the case when I tried to remove it. Is there suppose to be oil in here or do I have a bad seal ?
I need to get this cover off to check my valve timing .

All info. would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks,
D.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

The VIN is on the frame on the left side in front of the engine and stuff. I did a web search and found a site that all you had to do was enter the VIN for any Yamaha and it gave me the information on it.

Sorry I don't know about the rest, I just got one and don't know much myself.

Steve

Old 07-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

ya just go to google and type in what year is my quad and find a site where u can type in ur vin and it should tell u.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFM help

Here's some help for you, Quit stealing four wheelers!....................... just kidding, bike sounds like late 80's early 90's due to color, if you can't find the serial # or it has been ground off or whatever, don't worry, very little has changed on these bikes over the past 20+years and parts should be very easily obtained. I would remove the part you need and match it up at a dealer or ebay pictures if worse comes to worse. You'd be surprised how easy these bikes are to work on etc. As for manuals, just cut the crap and spend the 30 bucks on whatever manual is on ebay. Money well spent...............oh yeah, one more tip, if it's an older model and you figure out what year it is, don't buy carburetor rebuild kits on ebay cause some of the carbs changed very slightly. I bought a kit for my kids YFM80 (same as 100) and ended up buying oem jets cause the kit jets were different and didn't work right. one for posterity. Best of luck and.....quit stealing four wheelers! Seriously, I'm just kidding!

UP WITH SKIRTS DOWN WITH PANTIES........HATE EM.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer

Heres a site that has all the exploded views for free, just select your year.

parts yamaha yfm100 quad bike atv accessories spares replacement

Old 07-15-2010, 11:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default YFM100 parts free breakdown

This site with the free parts breakdown is really no different than any other site that sells oem parts. They all have microfiche exploded views. What is needed is a site that has free REPAIR MANUALS listing procedures and tech data for valve lash, timing, cam chain adjustments, piston replacement, clutch replacement etc.......the list goes on and on. Again, spend the money for a repair manual. An exploded parts view is great, but any beginning mechanic will appreciate the step by step instruction of a manual as opposed to looking at a mess of parts on a page and trying to figure out what goes where and why. Split your engine cases and attempt to rebuild your crank and gearing by just using an exploded parts view and you will see what I mean real quick.
In the meantime, spend the thirty or so dollars and buy a manual. I have seen used manuals on ebay from time to time for a few dollars.

I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LABOTOMY!