Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

Default BLASTER IS BACKFIRING AND WONT START. I NEED YOUR HELP ASAP!

clean carb and air filter, rebuild the whole top end, good fuel, and my blaster wont start well. and if i do start, it will stall. when i kick it, it will backfire. even if its not started. before i had my cylinder bored and replaced the whole top end, the piston and cylinder was destroyed becasue of detonation. me and my teacher figured that it was because the head was shaved down, and i dont think the owner was running premium unleaded like he was supposed to be. the spark plug is getting spark, so what could be the problem? please help me ASAP. THANKS, MIKE
Old 11-09-2006, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

its the air filter or a clogged carb
Old 11-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

I TOHUGHT BACKFIRING WAS A TIMING PROBLEM?
Old 11-10-2006, 01:40 AM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

i would think popping meant LEAN. not good. sounds like your not getting enough fuel. check the jets.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

I agree if it is popping it is a lean comdition and I would also make sure you have enough oil in the resi in the back of the quad to make sure it and the gas will mix correctly...check to make sure that all of the intake tubes are tight and on...and it sounds like you rebuilt the engine is the reed valve correctly funtioning and what size jets are you runing
Old 11-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

I got a two stroke too.Just rebuilt top end and the sam problem.Replace the spark plug and see what happens it fixed mine right up.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

lol awesome man i hope your right, im waiting for my buddy to grab me a free one from his work, even tho there only a couple bucks haha. im a thrifty dude hahah. i totally went through the carb AGAIN today so thats not the problem becasue it still isnt running for more than 10 seonds, if that. so its either my spark plug or the timing is off somehow, if thats even possible... wish me luck!
Old 11-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Range Rover
Garage is empty, add now

i didnt check the jet size i forgot to do that, but if the new plug doesnt work ill take the carb off again and check. and im premixing instead of the separate oil tank. im using amsoil with premium. the ratio is correct.
Old 11-10-2006, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Are you the same guy that said the blaster is smoking earlier this weak. Did you ever check the crank seal. Bad crank seals can make it run lean and rich. Any air leak in a two stroke can do that. I had a base gasket go out on my blaster and it ran erratic sometimes rich and sometimes lean.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via AIM to wmsd320

yeah we have a 1990 blaster.. was having the same problem, we had just put new reeds in and had gone through the carb several times.. we had to keep checkin the needle and everytime there would be dirt and also check your floats cuz thats what was wrong with ours, when someone went through our engine they messed up and we had to get new ones but other then that just keepin trying
Old 11-11-2006, 01:05 AM

Tags
2006, backfire, backfirering, backfires, backfiring, blaster, kick, run, running, start, stroke, willl, wint, wont, yamaha