Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blaster 240 kit???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blaster 240 kit???

first of all...you misunderstood what i was implying about the warrior.i was not compairing it to the blaster.i was saying its one of the lower end 4 strokes (like the blaster is a lower end 2 stroke).

next...you misunderstood what i said about my blaster.i never said the suspention topped the 450`s.i said with the amout of aftermarket parts i have on my quad if it were a 450 it would be a 18+ grand machine.my suspention is good enough to handle the rigors of the track fine but in no way am i implying that it is a better design than the 450`s.i have a set of +5/+1 long travel a-arms up front (fixes bump steer) and extended swinger with a lonestar axel in the rear with custom axis shocks,steering stabilizer,anti vibe stem and a fully race gusseted frame.it handles like a dream.but yes there are some things i`m at a disadvantage due to not having the travel the big quads have like whoops will bottom me out if hit too fast.that will hopefully be corrected next time i rebuild my shocks.balance is fine ,it flies better than alot of other quads i have had the opportunity to jump.but no, i stand no chance against a fully modded 450 with a competent rider on it.i get ate alive by one guy on the straits that has a z450.out of the corners i pull just as hard as your run of the mill piped 450`s for the first 20 to 30 feet but after that they will walk away.i don`t do this to be competitive...i do it for fun and i love 2 strokes.

now why a blaster?i`m 5`7" and am not fat.it fits my body size perfectly on the track to where i`m not fighting it and getting fatigued too quick.originally i was after a trx250r but couldn`t find one that i wanted at the time so i went with the blaster.one thing led to another and next thing i know i had too much money into it to start over with a 250r.so i just ran with it.i`m glad i did....now i have something that everybody at the track wants to ride because the thing is really is a sick little quad and fun as hell to ride.but in no way will it be a podium quad.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ah I see what you mean. I took it that you meant it would take 10 grand in aftermarket parts to make a 450 perform as well as your blaster. But still, you gotta admit that putting that much money into a quad that's $3k brand new probably isn't the best investment. That to me would be the definition of money pit. I've seen full race built 310r's, aftermarket frame and all, sell for $3k at the local shop, which would probably completely annhilate most of the 450's you would see out at the track. I understand how you love the 2 strokes, they are a blast to ride even as tempermental as they are. I'm only 5'11 and I can't comfortably sit on a blaster, much less ride one without feeling i'm on a pit bike.

I kinda ended up in the same rut as you with my warrior. I took it so far that i'd have lost too much money to trade for a 700r or outlaw, so I just kept the warrior and ran with it. Still running with it. For what I put into this warrior in the 2 1/2 years i've owned it I could have paid cash for a brand new 700r, which is without a doubt a better machine than what i'm riding now. That's what got me started in this thread, I don't want to see this happen to someone else.

Old 04-19-2007, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

in all honesty...putting that kind of money into any quad is pointless unless you plan to utilize it.i`m getting my monies worth out of it so i will say yeah its justified.but if you do it for show....i don`t care what quad it is thats just freaking retarded.its not a good investment on any quad.i`ve seen used 450`s setup for national level racing go for 7 grand!there are alot of racers that get rid of their quad after a season or two and these are extreme machines built to run.quads just don`t have a good resale value period....no matter what you`ve done to them.you might get a little bit more out of it than a stock one of the same year.hell,if i were to sell mine today i`d be lucky to get 4000 bucks for it.