Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

350 Wolverine - dies out when giving it any throttle - help please

Old 05-31-2007, 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 350 Wolverine - dies out when giving it any throttle - help please

I sure have, I'm a member of http://snoseekers.com, also designed their website, haven't been updated in over a year though. (Brent w/ MJMarketing.com),

wait.. I though tri-county was a snowmobile club, oh well.. looks like fun!

Old 05-31-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 1brent1

I sure have, I'm a member of http://snoseekers.com, also designed their website, haven't been updated in over a year though. (Brent w/ MJMarketing.com),

wait.. I though tri-county was a snowmobile club, oh well.. looks like fun!</end quote></div>

Shawnee snow-chiefs are the large sled club,we share some trails,but they dont like quads much lol

Old 06-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: toddmh

this problem you are having has got me baffled,you say it runs great when you plug your vent hose??That tells me its not a jet problem or a gas problem.Your carb looks like it is bolted on good to the engine and intake,If you cleaned your air filter and put proper air filter oil on it..It should not be a air problem..So if you can do a little test for me,we can knock off one more thing that could be wrong..Put the air box back together again(make sure the air filter lines up with the lid of the air box)so the filter is in a tight fit,the system Yamaha used for this air box kinda sucks..you can make sure it is on tight by pulling off the curved intake hose off the lid of the box and poke your finger in there and make sure the filter is nice and tight..

After everything is put back together,look at the left handlebar brake system,that is where your parking brake is located,follow the black cable down under the front end and disconect the white connector that comes from the parking brake..Then try to start the bike and set your idle and rev the machine..If this works and the quad runs ok your parking brake needs to be adjusted or what I did remove the whole thing [img][/img]

Did you check the flow of gas from the tank??is it a good flow??I drained the tank on mine took off the fuel **** and it was horrible looking,putting a new one on was about a $8.00 part and did wonders for my gas flow..</end quote></div>

I just now did the following

-checked flow from tank to carb - great
-flow from bottom of carb - loosened screw and it runs out of line on the bottom of carb, not nearly as fast though, sure its fine.
-cleaned air filter and reinstalled air box
-discounted white parking brake plug under the front of quad.

the quad still only runs/idles with the choke half way out.
once it heated up for 10+minutes of idling, could NOT get it started again no matter where I had the choke.

errrh! what now? think its in the carb?

Old 06-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

one or more of the jets must be pluged ..and that I cant help you with [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I'm a carb dummy,the manual on the carb for our machine(BTW is a Mikuni BST34)sucks bad..the pictures suck and it doesent give copmete instructions on cleaning it,all it says really is bloew out the jets with compressed air..WTF I wish Clymer made a manual for the 350 Wolverine 4x4,Clymer manuals rock..Don't bother searching the web on this damn carb..I've been there..not much to see..Bob Weaver charges 75 bucks a hour labor plus parts,so that option sucks also..Like I said I bought a brand new OEM for about 350 delivered,but even that took like two weeks to get here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]..At this point if I was you,I would take it apart buy new jets and start from there,take notes on Everthing you do(to remember)I even take pictures of every step i do..to help me remember on how to put things back together..Jets are pretty cheap..Do you have the service manual??If not I can take large pictures on everything it says about the carb and post links here if you like.let me know..I will tomorrow,I just got back from Majestic Trails(6 hours of riding) I'm wiped tonight..But Man that place is one hell of a trail system,best I ever rode to this point..

Old 06-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

no need to take pictures. I'm going to take it apart, and change jets, does bob weaver sell the jets?

Majestic Trails sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 06-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

he should have them in stock,if not,try Freewheelin on Military road..