Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Blasters Fun ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blasters Fun ?

Ok guys, heres the scoop . I can get a blaster that is in the 90's (don't remember what year) from the original owner . It hasn't ever been torn down and still runs. I am sure the top end will need to be gone through . It has been ridden and needs a little TLC but the plastic is still good and everything is all there.
Here is what I plan to do with it , we have a pond on our acreage and I would be following my kids (they have polaris 90 scramblers) up to the pond and doing some trail ridding around the acreage with it also .
Here are the questions ,
1) will a blaster haul around a 225 lb dad around the terrain explained above ?
2) Will it bring the front end off the ground ( I am used to dirt bikes and love wheelies )
3) We live in Iowa and have snow in the winter , is a blaster a Blast :-) in the snow ?

4)Would the above blaster be worth $500 ?

Thanks,
D.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Default Blasters Fun ?

$500!! You better get that thing or I'll come up there and get it! : )
I had a 98 blaster for a short while. My 250lbs 6'5" bro could ride wheelies all over the place on it. Sure it won't pop 'em up on command but if you know what your doing you can get'm up. I'm about 245lbs (and a Dad) and rode it all over with no prob so I don't think it will have any problems with a 225 lbs Dad. We went through some pretty rough terrain on my blaster. The pain, for me, was learning to work the clutch just right because I wasn't used to the 2-stroke. All in all it was a good little quad and everyone told me I got a good deal at $1000!

Old 06-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

BUY THAT BLASTER!!!!!!!!! It's well worth $500. They're tons of fun to ride.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

You will definetly have fun on a blaster. They are very cheap to fix, you can do most of the work yourself. Dont underestimate a blaster, they aren't really fast, but they are quick. Being a bigger guy on a small quad wheelies will be no problem. You should be able to throw that thing around with ease. And for 500 bucks it sounds like a steal

Old 06-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

i've got an 03 blaster and it flys. like everyone else said u could probably easily pop it up if u wanted and the snow riding is a lot of fun. you really can't go wrong with a 2 stroke. and for only $500 i'd take it in a heart beat, good luck and hope u get it and have fun with it

Old 06-19-2007, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

Sherpa...
Them things are death traps and will end up killing you and everything you love most in life. You better buy it and ship it up here to me. I'll gladly dispose of that curse AND reimburse you the $500. Just looking out for my fellow enthusiasts.
PM me for the shipping info.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

Oh Honeyduck that is so very brave of you to offer, but I couldn't possibly let you do that. Send it to me instead [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

LMFAO Sherpa.. those guys didn't even offer to pay for the shipping! Ill gladly give you the 500 and the shipping

Old 06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

well then if ur not going to get it sherpa then tell all these guys where ur gettin it and they can just give the guy the best offer

Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Blasters Fun ?

So, you guys are saying, if I get this atv. I will have fun bashing around my 6 acre acreage poppin wheelies all day long ? I am suppose to look at it sometime this weekend . Is there anything I should look out for ? Any weak points ? If I "yank back on the bars , how many gears should I be able to pull the front end up ? 1st and second ?

Also, are you guys serious , if I decide not to take it or take it decide I don't like it . Would you guys seriously be interested in it ? Remember , I live in Iowa .

Thank for all the info.,
D.

Quick Reply: Blasters Fun ?