Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 wolverine 450 sputtering

reverse indicator light blinking is an over rev indicator

Old 06-09-2007, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Yamahaman06

funny mine did the same a few weeks ago ended up being the carb need a good cleaning and i also har a ring of dirt around the needle causing it not to open fully under full throttle. HTH</end quote></div>

Blackturbo, see what Yamahaman06 has said. See what I said in the first post about cleaning the carb and filter. I guess the AC enemy is not really the enemy afterall - lol....

Old 06-09-2007, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

ok guys stop bickering... if my four wheeler wasn't working right i would take any advice i have and try, not sit there and criticize it because he has an AC. an engine is an engine.if your not gunna go about trying to solve the problem by taking advice that other people have given then just go down to your dealer and pay money. the reverse gear light blinking is normal. its just a warning not to shift it out of neutral when you have it revving high. about the safety switch thing. no offense to alot of service guys at yamaha dealers, but many of them really don't know too much about what they're talking about or will tell you something like that so you have to take it in and pay big bucks for something that is just a carb problem. how would a switch on the brake lever have anything to do with park. none of the brakes are engaged in park, it locks the tranny. for your sputtering problem i would try cleaning out your carb and around the needle really good before you go to a dealer to get it fixed.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

Not trying to bicker or stir up a 'hornets nest'. I was only trying to help, but I guess the guy didn't want me to help because I have an AC.
Sorry...

Old 06-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

haha. im not getting mad at you... who cares if you have an AC, an engine is an engine, i wouldve suggested the same things you did in your first post. i wouldve been really happy to have anybody who took that time to help.

Old 06-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Okay... the dealer didnt say anything about how I should bring it in for them to fix.. actually he was very usefull and told me alot of stuff alot of dealers wouldnt.. he was helpful and just naming things that could do this..

Iam definatly hitting a rev limiter of some kind he says.. it like the thing is in reverse...

I broke the saftey switch on the rear brake lever checkin it out.. I forget why he said it has to do with park,, and is also the switch that overrides the starter lockout when the brake is squeezed.. one would think it was for a brake light,, but the brake light switch is down near the foot pedal.. yahama put a dozen safety crap on these to keep people from sueing them everytime they get hurt and they just end up being annoying down the road when they malfunction.

Old 06-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Trailblazer

yes,, thanks for trying to help... but i need somewon familiar with the wiring system on the wolverine [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brake switch and what it has to do with park on an automatic? hmmmmm lettssss seee here maybe the problem with that is that the rear brake has to be engaged to shift it out of park at all. yhea that sounds about right.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

Yes, the rear brake has to be engaged to shift it to park or reverse. the safety switch for this thing is down near the foot lever. I learned about this a few weeks ago when it quit working and I was unable to shift it into gears. I attached a rope to the saftey cable and have to pull it everytime I shift gears... but it has nothing to do with activating a rev limiter.

the switch on the handle bar brake lever has to do with being able to start it when its in gear. you can squeeze the rear brake lever to activate the switch.. if its broken,, you can just cross connect the two wires to override it.

I still havent found my problem.. its something electrical or something... Iam getting the reverse rev limiter in every gear... it sucks..

mark

Old 06-11-2007, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ctateusa1

The brake switch and what it has to do with park on an automatic? hmmmmm lettssss seee here maybe the problem with that is that the rear brake has to be engaged to shift it out of park at all. yhea that sounds about right.</end quote></div>

yeah, you need it to shift into park, but its not used once you in park... exactly what blackturbo said.

Quick Reply: 2006 wolverine 450 sputtering