Bad Noise from my warn winch???? - ATV Enthusiast Community

Go Back ATV Enthusiast Community > Brand Discussions Area > Yamaha

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Default Bad Noise from my warn winch????

My Warn winch on my grizzly makes a god awful noise when I use it. I dont really know how to describe it. Its almost like a grinding or somthing noise. Very loud and just doesnt sound good. It works good and comes out and in fine but makes that horrible noise. Any idea on what I can do to fix this? Or should I just get a new winch?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Contact Warn, and talk to them, they are a very good company to work with, I have had to have things fixed by them quite often, and often times they have done it at no cost to me, even though out of warantee, I only had to pay the shipping to them, they repaired and shipped back to me. As to what is wrong, it sounds like the gear head may be out of mesh, or the planetary pack could be bad.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:47 PM

Thanks alot! I just went to there website and sent them a message telling them my problem and asking what I have to do to get it fixed.