Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TC Piped and Jetted Raptor! Unbelievable!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 09:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my raptor back from TC Racing and I am here to tell everyone that it is 10x better. By better I mean I can ride tight trails in 3rd and 4th gear with stock gearing and it has a tone of low end tourqe. I am not one to exagerate or lie about the performance I have had alot of work done on bikes and quads and never in my life expirenced this type of gain from a pipe and proper carb tunning, better put I have had totall motors done and never expeirenced this type of power gain! The tourqe/power down low is unbelievable from stock and I could actually go bigger with the countershaft if I wanted. The large gap is gone between 1st and 2nd. Trust and I swear it is more than I ever expected and its great. I have talked to some people who have gone with other exhaust and they said it helped but nothing like this. TC Racing has my buisness forever and I am one very happy customer.
One side note the reason it took so long is it was -20 degrees up there and he didnt want to tune the raptor in in that weather so TC is in my opinion a perfectionist which I have heard from alot of people. The pipe was $319 and jetting is $20-$30, this is just a silencer and he (TC) said the stock head pipes are a great design so no need to change them. Once again trust me I do not mislead fellow riders when it comes to mods and $$$ this was the best $$$/mod I had ever received!

Old 01-12-2001, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

how about a phone # for all the readers to TC?

Old 01-12-2001, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Tc Racing # (8 1 4) 7 2 3 - 3 5 1 4. Tell him Rich with raptor sent you!

Old 01-12-2001, 10:39 AM
Trailblazer

xtreme165
Glad to hear you have your quad back and it’s running great. Did TC mess with your air box or filter? Where are they located in PA? I’d like to go check them out. The price certainly sounds right!

Old 01-12-2001, 10:51 AM
Range Rover

xtreme165,

Glad to hear you're happy with your new setup!

However, the difference you describe seems phenomenal for just a slip-on (especially since you said it's even a bigger difference than extensive engine work done on various bikes in the past). Just as a cautionary note, you may want to double check and make sure it's not running TOO LEAN. Usually a bike will run like a scalded cat if it's real lean. I know the guys at TC know 1000 times more about what they're doing than I do, but mistakes can happen and just thought it may be something you may want to look into.

Old 01-12-2001, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I told you that everything would work out..... Tom didn't get too the top by "screwing" people over. I'm glad that you are impressed with the new setup. Sometimes alittle extra time and money goes a long way. Just imagine what Tom can do with the rest of your motor....

Old 01-12-2001, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

big660, TC did not mess with air box because I am racing HS and I ride in the woods mainly on my quad which there is alot of water and mud. Trust me you wont need airbox mods with his equipment, if your going to race mx or baja he would do airbox mods to get more air flow and more top end if you do ride mainly woods the set up he developed for my bike is great. With stock gearing you can go in and come out of turns in 3rd and 4th gear no problem the quad has so much tourqe he said he brought the power curve down to start at around 3000rpm instead of the old 6000rpm and let me tell ya the power is everywhere exp down low! TC is located in warren Pa its 112 miles from my house which is near Steal City Raceway you go straight up rt 66 towards clarion college and marrienville pa take rt 666 then follow signs to warren I think its rt 6. If your from pittsburgh take 28 to kittaning follow 28/66 its easy to find I'd call him, he is busy he can prob mail you the pipe and jetting I know you ride HS too so you'll be in heaven!

Old 01-12-2001, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

bartlo, I didnt check my plug but Tom did he said it took him 4 tries to dial in the carb perfect and when he says perfect he means it. I will pull it this weekend just to see and I'll let ya know.

Old 01-12-2001, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

ya cstark you werent kidding he is good. As I stated before its an unbelievable differance just what I was looking for. Ya he said even though he's a honda man eventually he'll do everything to the yamaha too, he told me with some cams and other mods the quad would really come alive to where it would probably be to much for the woods. I needed all my power to be down low which is where its at and it still pulls the hole way to the top no dead spots or big gaps between gears expecially 1st and 2nd because stock it well basically sucked with stock gearing now with stock gearing its once again great!

Old 01-12-2001, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

xtreme165,

Have you ever raced in a HareScramble or Cross Country race before? If so, what machine did you ride in the previous events?

I am just curious, because if you have raced before. You will know what too expect and know how too prepare for the race. If not, it will be interested too see how you wrestle around a Raptor in your first race.

Good luck in the upcoming season.....

Quick Reply: TC Piped and Jetted Raptor! Unbelievable!