Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

carb help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb help

i live in utah and i just bought a 2006 wolverine 450 brand new with 4 hours on it the first day i got it it went out and rode it. there is a bout 6 to 7 inchs of snow on the ground so and ways i went rideing around for a couple of hours and i was about done and i seen this big hill i wanted to try to go up. i made it about 3/4 of the way up and lost traction and being a new rider made the mistake of getting alittle side ways and lost contrall and rolled it. i got out of the way of the 4 wheeler all the way down. the only damage was a little pice of the front finder was craked, and the hand bars were pushed all the way down so i got it home and fixed the handle bars and went rideing a couple more days and then about the fourth day i left it out side one night and it ended up snowing so the next day i went to start it and and it took about ten mins to start then it would only idel when ever i would give it gas it would die out. so i took it to the place i bought it from and they told me that i had water in the gas and the air filter had oil in it. now i mad the mistake of putting mavrike gas in it. but i would nt think that it getting snowed on would get water in the gas tank. they told me rolling it got the gas in the air filter. is that normal? please right me back and give me some advice on this.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb help

sorry, they told me rolling it got oil in the filter not gas, and also the carb over flow valve is it supossed to have a plug in it or not. thanx