Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rapror 700 EFI Issue

Old 01-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rapror 700 EFI Issue

Lets start from the beginnig.
About 3 months ago I backed my 07' Raptor GYTR into my shed for winter storage. This past weekend I went to start the bike becouse it hasn't been started in a while. I went through checking everything before starting (oil, gas, air filter, tires.... etc.). I found a mouse nest in the air cleaner. Cleaned that mess out and proceeded to trying to start. Turned over great but would not start. I put the battery charger on it and started the space heater (It's been cold here) Next day still no start but, I did notice a fault code pop up. 4 short blinks and 6 quick blinks. Alright here is a clue! Fault code 46 now all I have to do is find out what it is. Nowhere on the internet are the fault codes listed (that I could find). So, I called my local dealer and I was informed that code is low power to the EFI. I should check my battery, connections and grounds. Well, over the course of the weekend I striped the bike looking for wires the mice may have chewed (didn't find any) checked all the fuses, battery has been charging for 2 days now.

Now what?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

Alright, This evening I have gone ahead and torn back down (removed ALL the plastic, battery, fuel tank etc.) I still can't find anything wrong with any of the wiring harness. Rechecked all the fuses, pulled each wire connectgion plug and inspected for any corrosion. Unpluged and repluged each piece of the fuel system insuring a tight connection... Now, before I put this back together is there anything else? I was informed that it would be abnormal for this to be the ECU having gone bad. Could it be that some bad fuel froze in the injector and messed it up? Is there a way to check it?

What have I missed??

Old 01-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know for sure but maybe the fuel pump in the tank? thats the only thing i can think of

Old 01-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would have thought that but, when I was taking the fuel tank Off I left the power to the pump pluged in and turned the key on with my thumb over the line. Great preasure.

Thanks for trying big Ned

Old 01-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Talked with a different shop. They say that it almost has to be the battery or a loose or broken wire. They are putting there money on a bad battery wich I don't understand. the bike is turning over fine. If there is enough juice to turn the bike over fine why wouldn't there be enough juice to run the EFI? I don't get it!!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

im not sure about your problem,but i'm also a member of raptorforum.com, and they have have some very knowledgeable guys over there if you havent figured the problem out yet.good luck.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

chould it be the battery..chould it be bad?

Old 01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, BigNed. I've sent the ol' lady to town this morning with it to have it checked. It is cranking the motor over fine but, maybe it doesn't have enough juice to run the EFI? I don't know but I am now running out of options. If I don't figure this out by Sunday, I think it is off to the shop we go!

Old 01-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

can't say about the 700, but I know the older Warriors used to have issues with grounds.. especially around the kill switch etc. I hear ya on the mice. Just spent 450 fixing all the crap associated with mice in the air cleaner... This year I got traps, poison you name it. Not taking any chances. Now if I could just get rid of those pesky 5 inch diameter spiders... I'd be happy.

I am going to assume you pulled the plug and did the spark test right?

You got spark... and fuel from teh tank, then you got carb/EFI problems Those things might need a lot of power... I am not an expert. SOunds like $50 bucks on a battery may be in order.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks dragginbutt. The ol' lady droped the battery off yesterday at O'Riellys and it tested out perfect. I'm trying right now to figure out how to test the wiring into the injector. There aint alot of info out there though on how an injector works and what each wire on it does but, I'm still looking. BTW that is some list of ATVs you got!!

I'm also in the process of getting help over at raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=34324.0 these guys are working pretty hard with me also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rapror 700 EFI Issue