Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Carb Help Please......

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Carb Help Please......

Man I cant figure this thing out..It's a brand new carb with about 100 miles on it and something is wrong..

Sometimes it won't get gas at all..and so I took off the float bowl and seems the floats were hanging up a little...so I blew it all out with air,then the floats moved all the way up and down without it getting hung up..I put it back together and now it was getting gas...But after running for a few min,wile runing gas started coming out the drain tube on the bottom of the carb even though the screw was tight,and now even when off If I turn on the fuel ****,gas will still come out the drain tube on the bottom of the carb..

Any one have any idea what can be going on here??And maybe steer me in the right direction on how to fix it?? Thanks..

Old 01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't hardly remember this far back but, I had a similar problem back in the late 80's with a snowmobile. It was a sticking float. I know it is a pain but tear it apart again ( COMPLETELY ). clean everything, then let it sit overnight (apart). Put it back together and recheck everything again for cleanlyness. That is all I did. I say leave it set overnight to dry it out. I usuelly miss something ( dirt ) when it is wet. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

gas use to come out of the drain tube on the carb on my warrior so i went and bought some liquid carb treatement that u pour a liitle in ur gas each time u fill it and it cleans the carb its made by the company lucas it stopped gas from coming out of mine

Old 01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Trailblazer

Does it have a vent tube. Make sure the vent tube is not plugged. If so it will cause a vacume and the fuel will not flow. Make sure you can blow thru the tube. But blow away from the tank not into the tank.