Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What should be next?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should be next?

I have a raptor 660 thats piped and jetted and has a few appearance mods on it like bumpers and nerfs. Im bout to get a hotcam installed and i was wondering what other parts i could get after that and i dont really want to bore it out.Im just asking for some ideas on what should be next?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

you could port it and get a new cdi that lets it rev higher and get a high compression piston a bigger carb and thats all i can think of.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Trailblazer

Next:

Engine:
High Compression Piston 12:1 can keep your stock bore. Must use 50/50 mix of race fuel and high pump octane
Stage 1 Hot Cam - brings the bike to life and you only have to remove the head cover to do it!!!
or Stage 2 Hot Cam - better than the stage 1 but you have to remove the head, change the springs, and machine the middle intake vavle guide.
Take off the air box lid - ProDesign filter and adapter
DynoJet jet kit
Drop a tooth in the front sprocket
High Compression Piston 12:1 can keep your stock bore. Must use 50/50 mix of race fuel and high pump octane
Dyntek CDI

If you do these mods ( I know because it's almost exactly what I have) your Raptor will scream.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Weekend Warrior

You said you had the dynatek cdi.Do you have to programmable one or non.and do you know if either have the shift kill interupt?