Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Carb Hose Connections

Old 02-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Carb Hose Connections

Rebuilt a completely disassembled 97 Warrior. Installed the carb and it ran for a while but then fuel began to fill the air box. I may have the hoses connected incorrectly. The fuel line connection I get, but the vent at the top of the carb and the vent at the very bottom of the carb I'm not sure about. Where do each of these connect/vent to?

Also, what is the base setting of the idle speed adjuster on the carb(turns in/out)?

Thanks

Old 02-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Do you mean the actual idle speed adjuster, or the fuel screw? Idle speed you just set to a decent idle speed, there's not really a standard position for it.

The top vent line is simply just a vent, the original one is just a 6 inch hose that runs up towards the underside of the fuel tank.

The bottom line is the float bowl overflow. The original line runs down the back of the engine and drains in front of the swingarm.

Sounds like you may have some underlying problems if your carb is really filling your airbox. Sounds like a stuck float or needle valve to me, which will cause fuel to keep running into the carb constantly even when the engine isn't running. Then when the bowl is full, the fuel has to go somewhere, and ends up flooding your airbox. Although for the fuel to really fill your airbox you'd have bigger problems, as the rest of the intake would have to fill up with fuel before it could make it up through the tube into the airbox.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Took it apart and cleaned the bowl and chambers but never really found anything. Must have had a small piece of trash causing the float to stick. I did find that the vent tube had some blockage. Since I put it back together it runs great.

Old 06-21-2019, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sansabar
Took it apart and cleaned the bowl and chambers but never really found anything. Must have had a small piece of trash causing the float to stick. I did find that the vent tube had some blockage. Since I put it back together it runs great.
Blocked or kinked vent tube will cause fuel to fill airbox once machine is shut off. If the airbox is open, you will hear gurgling in there also.