Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:18 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior starting issues

Alright guys, I am about ready to push my damned Warrior off the side of a cliff if I can't get this stupid thing to start properly. My Mods are listed in my page, and I have replaced the battery, starter relay, and starter, and still all I get is a damned buzz at the relay. Any ideas? All connections seem to be good.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Have you tried taking a piece of heavy gauge wire and jumping around the starter solenoid? If so you could have a loose ground wire at the engine. Can't forget about the ground wire!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

My ground wire seems to be fine. I just left it and forgot about it for a while and it fired right up earlier, so I don't know whats going on. I put the new battery on a full slow charge and am just going to leave it overnight. It was supposed to be a fill and go battery; but I don't think it had enough juice to begin with. If that doesn't fix it I'll try the solenoid trick tommorow.

Old 02-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Just thought I'd mention after rechecking all my wiring I found nothing, but after being on the charger for 3 hours it turned over with ease, so I am just leaving it over night to get the full charge.

On a sidenote, I also changed back to my 13 tooth front sprocket finally, and I thought this thing pulled hard before... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-08-2008, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Most battery instructions say to charge them on no higher than a 2 amp rate for about 12 hours before use. Hopefully that's all it was.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Well, I bought a specific fill and go battery, but upon further investigation it (as I anticipated) said they are now always ready to go from the factory. (even though they are supposed to be) So I just went out this morning and took it off the charger and in the 10 degree weather it fired right up, so it appears problem solved; for now, at least.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

i dont know i this is any help but you might want to check the fuse my warrior has blown a couple before altough i dont think a blown fuse will make that buzz sound when u start it worth a shot

Old 02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just replaced mine last weekend and it said to charge for 2 hours, check acid levels and refill, then charge another 30-40 mins, then fill with distilled water. Works like a champ!! Well, my warrior still wont start but the starter/ battery are working great!
My warrior has been sitting for a lonnnng time. I put gas in it and it would start (with starter fluid) and run for about a minute then die and not start again. I have drained the gas, changed the plug, removed the carb and cleaned it and now it wont start at all! Any ideas?

Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

HEY i HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM ALL I GET IS THAT BUZZ AROUND THE RELAYS AND IT DONT TURN OVER OR ANYTHING HOW DO U JUMP AROUND THE STARTER SOLENOID

Old 04-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Did you figure this out? I am having the same issue.

Quick Reply: Warrior starting issues