Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

going back to stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going back to stock

i'm thinking about going back to the stock muffler because the WB e-series is too loud even with the quite core on it. i'm thinking about this also because i sometimes ride with my friend in her backyard and i'm afraid the neighbors will complain.

here's my question: if i put the stock muffler on it and change my main jet back to stock will that work with a K&N air filter??? Or will i have to jet it to make up for the filter????

with the WB slip-on and K&N filter i have a 150 main jet in it now. any help would be great. thanx

Old 02-21-2008, 08:49 PM
Trailblazer

it will work i have ran K&n in my old warrior with normal jets it never did no harm.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is this a brand new E-series or an older one? If it's an older one and it hasn't been repacked recently you can probably drop your noise level a good bit by repacking it. The white brothers e-series are one of the quieter aftermarket exhausts out there with that quiet core in them.

But to answer your question, if it's JUST a k&n filter and everything else is stock, the stock jet should be fine. If you have the airbox lid off or even the snorkel taken off you will probably need a little larger jet than stock.

Old 02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

I would leave it alone after you change back to the stock pipe and just check your plug

Old 02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

no it's not a new one. does the e-series have packing in it? if it does how do i replace it. (in other words how do i get the old paking out) yea it's only a K&N air filter and the air box lid is moded with 6 1" holes with those UNI filter pre filter plastic plugs.

if the e-series has packing than i'll just re-pack it instead of going back to stock.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 87 warrior

if the e-series has packing than i'll just re-pack it instead of going back to stock.</end quote></div>

That's what I would do. I mean your Warrior isn't any louder than a lawn mower is it? I don't see anybody complaining about mowers. People just love to complain about ATV's don't they?

You should be able to buy the packing for about $25. Just take the screws that hold the end of the muffler on and the whole guts will slide out. The packing is the pillow-type material that just slides over a tube.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

yea they sure do. if i wasn't such a nice guy i would give their lawn a really nice make over lol. the screws your talking about are they the rivits on the side towards the back (by the end cap) or are their screws behind the diffuser disks?

I'm asking this because the last time i had the end cap off i don't remember seeing any screws. then again i didn't take notice either.

i think it's louder than a mower. if someone is standing next to me and talking we have to almost yell. i mean it's not THAT loud but it's pretty damn loud.

also do you know where i can get the packing? would rocky mountain have it or would i have to get it directly from WB? and what type of packing should i get? what's good and what's not?