Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine 450

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wolverine 450

Hey guys just wondering what you think of the Wolvy 450. I was thinking about getting one either later this year or next year. I mainly ride on trails and around our cottage, but will occasionally take around a track. Was thinking about the 700R but the number of times I will really get to open it up around a track compared to trail riding doesn't seem right...

So do you guys think that the Wolvy 450 will be adequate for my uses vs a 700R? And have there been any major problems with it?

I would probably install a K+N Air filter and HMF pipe.

Old 02-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

i bought a 07 last december and i love it! this atv is great for trail riding and you can even keep up with the big boys on the trails. the wolverine is great for going up steep grades, one of the best out there. the only thing i dont like about it is that is doesnt have much power in the acceleration area but once you get going it will pick up speed. the top speed is only around 50-55. if your going to install a K&N filter and HMF pipe that will make it better on the track as well on the trails. another thing you might want to look into getting is a hauck clutch kit. this will make your top speed raise about 5-6 MPH more or less. but if you dont care about top speed try looking at the EPI clutch kit, this kit is great for low end power for acceleration like on the tracks. also, a dynojet kit may help a little bit too so things to look into are: EPI clutch kit (low end), Hauck clutch kit (top end), and dynojet kit just to give it that extra jump. but all around this atv is great especially on the trails.

----------------------------------------
2007 yamaha wolverine 450 SE
2004 yamaha blaster

Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Range Rover
Default Wolverine 450

I'll just copy and paste this...

It's a great bike... The more I ride it the more I like it... The bike will climb hills like you wouldn't believe... I ride in med. to light mud and it handles it just fine... Add a winch and who cares...

I would like a little more on the lower end but with a new pipe, air filter, and a clutch kit will take care of that...

You will love the bike...

Old 02-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default Wolverine 450

I love this bike, it handles so amazing. I can throw it around better than anything I've ever ridden. However, after riding my buddies Rincon 650 I can definitely see the Wolvy is lacking in the power department. On tight trails I can still easily keep up with him, though. Of course, once we get to a straight away it's bye bye.

0-40mph is great, but anything after that is pretty sluggish. For the trails I ride I'm under 40mph 80% of the time so I'm fine with that. I have so much confidence in this bike I can climb the nastiest rutted hills without even raising my heart beat (try that with a 2wd only quad with 4" of ground clearance). It's also great in mud, though I'd still like a front locker.

Old 02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wolverine 450

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: miw0lvi450

i bought a 07 last december and i love it! this atv is great for trail riding and you can even keep up with the big boys on the trails. the wolverine is great for going up steep grades, one of the best out there. the only thing i dont like about it is that is doesnt have much power in the acceleration area but once you get going it will pick up speed. the top speed is only around 50-55. if your going to install a K&N filter and HMF pipe that will make it better on the track as well on the trails. another thing you might want to look into getting is a hauck clutch kit. this will make your top speed raise about 5-6 MPH more or less. but if you dont care about top speed try looking at the EPI clutch kit, this kit is great for low end power for acceleration like on the tracks. also, a dynojet kit may help a little bit too so things to look into are: EPI clutch kit (low end), Hauck clutch kit (top end), and dynojet kit just to give it that extra jump. but all around this atv is great especially on the trails.

----------------------------------------

2007 yamaha wolverine 450 SE

2004 yamaha blaster</end quote></div>

Alright thanks for the tips, and for the input from everyone. Sounds like this bike will be next for me!

Old 02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wolverine 450

Love mine couldnt ask for more out of it(other than a little more power, which has been taken care of on mine.)