Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Just thought I'd share this about my Warrior

Old 03-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just thought I'd share this about my Warrior

We,, the other day, I rewired a lot of the wiring harness on my 98 Warrior. And I crossed a wire on purpose because the little green electrical box on the back is bad. I was just for the neutral light. Now here's the wierd part, when the key is OFF, and you flip the switch for the headlights on, THEY COME ON, and so does the neutral light, and the starter button works to. Also when you turn the key on and the neutral light comes on, and you put it in reverse straight from neutral, the neutral light stays on. However it doesn't when you shift into gear. Whats wrong with it? I will probly leave it alone though.......Also, anyone who reads this that has been on here for a while, cna you remind me who the guy on here is who races his Warrior in GNCC sometimes, and the reason I want him, he moved his gear indicator lights on the gas tank. Anyone remeber who he is? I remember what his Warrior looks like, and that he used an s-10 to haul it, but thats it. Thanks for any help

Old 03-08-2008, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

What green box on the back are you talking about? The relay? If you bypassed that, that could be the source of the problem with the switches being powered with the key off. When I used to turn on my key on my Warrior I could hear a relay in the back click on. If you leave all of this on all the time, even with all of the lights off, it could possibly drain your battery over a period of time.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

yeah it was the relay, but I have three of them and none work.lol so I might leave it like that. I'm goin to sell it anyway.

Old 03-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Well at least we will be ready to assist when the next owner comes on her asking why his Warrior does all this crazy stuff [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I guess I'm goona buy a relay because I put a new silinoid on, and when the kay is off and lioghts are on, starter button works, but no fire. When key is on, starter button just turns the motor over a little, but has fire. been bridging the silinoid, and FINALLY got it started the other dya and drove it wround the driveway. YAHOOOO!!!!!!!lol