Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hauck Performance Clutch

Old 03-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hauck Performance Clutch

I recently purchased a 06 Wolverine and read a lot threads on here about Hauck Power Sport, Inc and how their primary clutch machining helps improves the performance of your Wolverine on the bottom and top end.

MIwolvy seemed to be the only on here who has had one installed. I took the plunge and bought one and had my buddy install it last week since he has all the right tools. I took it out for a spin when I picked up and didn't notice much in the beginning. I called Hauck and asked them if a noticeable difference was supposed to take place right away and they recommended riding for a little bit to allow the new grease on the rollers to heat up and spread a bit.

We went riding today for about 5hrs and I can vouch that a big difference was made on the bottom end. The bottom end torque is a lot better than stock. I can pull it up on two wheels from a dead stop and it seems to have a faster response time on full throttle.

Top end; I had to get on the main road, which is patrolled pretty heavily, so I couldn't ride as long as I wanted. From 0-48 is pretty quick and 48-57 seemed to take a while. It acted like it had more in it, but I ran out of ballz to stay on the main highway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I don't know what top end speed for stock wolvy's are but I only got mine up to 51-52 so the 5mph gain is already better.

Overall I am pretty impressed. I'd like to see what a couple more hours of riding will do to it. I really intended to buy the clutch for bottom end power and so far it has exceeded the hype. If I had to recommend sending it off and getting the work done, I would most definitely.

J

Old 03-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sheave is on the way to them right now so I'll be able to post back with my results in the next couple of weeks. Bottom end on mine right now is really great so if that improves she will be a screamer out of the hole. Top end is where I wanted the most improvment since I can only get 53 out of it. With the work I've done she pulls hard all the way to 52 now but seems to stall out right at 53 like it's hitting a rev but I've been told the limiter kicks in later than 53...I'm a big boy at 250lbs though.

Old 03-19-2008, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

yea just got mine today and put it in, actually had some clearance issues with the addition of that extra nut, one screw decided to scrape, not sure if anyone else had this issue, i ground off the little tab on the cover and all good now, great improvement over stock, got it up to 60 mph

Old 03-19-2008, 06:36 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: thumper10s

yea just got mine today and put it in, actually had some clearance issues with the addition of that extra nut, one screw decided to scrape, not sure if anyone else had this issue, i ground off the little tab on the cover and all good now, great improvement over stock, got it up to 60 mph</end quote></div>

60? I would jump for joy if I could get 60 out of mine! I will find out over the weekend.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had some clearance issues with the addition of that extra nut, one screw decided to scrape,
not sure if anyone else had this issue, i ground off the little tab on the cover and all good now, great improvement over stock, got it up to 60 mph</end quote></div>

Seems like it is a issue they need to address in the directions b/c mine did the same thing. I failed to mention it in my original post b/c I wasn't sure if it just occurred on mine.

Did you get it up to 60 by riding it or blocking it up off the ground?

Either way glad to see MIWolvy and I aren't the only ones who have seen positive results.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I'm glad other people are getting this done now and seeing the performance gains. It does basically the same thing as the epi kit, but it also increases the top end...what's not to like? I'm really looking forward to getting mine out on the dunes this summer to see how it performs off road.

I have to thank Monroe motorsports for this modification, they were the ones who suggested it, and installed it for me. Hauck never did one for a wolverine before mine, but they have done plenty of other yamaha models...so they were more than happy to give it a try... I'm happy as heck with the results, and I'm sure anybody else that does this mod will be too.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:03 PM
Trailblazer

56 on gravel, 60 on blocks, ran outta room, it pulls pretty good now, lot more fun

Old 03-19-2008, 10:55 PM
Range Rover

56 on gravel, 60 on blocks, ran outta room, it pulls pretty good now, lot more fun</end quote></div>

What were you getting on pavement before. Before mine got broke in I could only get 51 then I figured out some tricks to getting the most topend and was getting 53. I pulled the spark arrestor and put a Dial-A-Jet and UNI filter and now it pulls hard out of the hole and pulls strong up to 51-52 then slowly rolls over to 53. Hopefully I can get 57 out of it!

Old 03-19-2008, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

i think i need one

Old 03-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: justhanginout

i think i need one</end quote></div>

You can pull your main Sheave out and send it to them for $100 plus $22 shipping back to you or pay $240 + shipping and buy a whole new Sheave already machined...I opted for Machining mine since I have no use for another one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hauck Performance Clutch