Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

vaccum

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vaccum

i think i have a vaccum leak in my 87 warrior. i called the dealership and described what it's doing. and he said it sounds like a vaccum leak.....

my question is does the warrior have an internal vaccum or is it just external?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

whats it doing?

Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

it's only ideling right when i turn the air/fuel mixture screw passed 3 turns out. (that's with the stock 42.5 pilot). so i put in a 45 pilot and it would only idel right if it was seated. so i put the 42.5 back in and moved the needle clip down one and that didn't help. i put the clip back in the middle position and i have the 42.5 pilot in it now. also if i give it gas and let off it will stay at a high RPM. when i hit the throttle a few times it will come back down. the cable is lubed and i didn't find anything getting stuck (slide is good cable is good).

i also cleaned out the entire carb jets and all. so there is nothing getting clogged or plugged up. every time i open the carb it's clean jets and all.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

OK, well i don't know of any internal vacumn on the warrior. And I don't recall any vacumn on the outside, except maybe on the right side of the carb (looking down). It sounds like a vacumn problem in the since of a car carb, but not on a 4 wheeler. Are you running a open air box? If so what happens if you put it back on,
there is a vacumn on the left side that comes up from the crank into the intake boot, is that connected?(left side) I would have to look at my bike to give you a def. answer.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

what about your float needle? it could very well be worn, and the only way to tell is by replacing it, or at least that was the case on my KDX.

Old 03-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

the float neddle is new. so i don't think it's that. no i'm not running an open air box. my airbox lid is modded. it 6 2 inch holes with those UNI Filter prefilter plug things. the hose that comes from the crankcase and goes up to the air box is connected. i just replaced that hose as well.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default vaccum

I don't remember there being any vacuum on the carb. On the 87 I have had experience with, there is three vents, but no vacuum line's.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

i know there's 2 vents on the carb. top vent and bowl vent. where is the 3rd one?

i wonder if the air filter would have anything to do with it. i did notice that there is a gap from the air box to the filter. i have a K&N filter. so when you put the filter on there is a slight gap, maybe as thick as a nickle or so. and also some of the foam seal is missing. i glued a peice of sponge to fix it but maybe it's not going to help......

Old 03-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer
Default vaccum

My carb has two that come out of the top rear(towards the airbox) one on the left side, and one on the right side, then their is one out the bottom which i guess would be the bowl vent

Old 03-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default vaccum

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FordNut5

I don't remember there being any vacuum on the carb. On the 87 I have had experience with, there is three vents, but no vacuum line's.</end quote></div>

thats what i was thinking, but wasn't sure.

Is there a way you can adjust the tab on the float seat? if it is just bent a little the wrong way it could cuase the problem you are describing, but you should have goten a new one when you got the needle, try adjusting it just alil would be my suggestion, or put the old one on and make sure the new one is not off.

Quick Reply: vaccum