Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee Carb Bowls

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 03:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Carb Bowls

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]After fighting my 2005 Banshee about a hard starter, some one suggested to check the bowls!!!! Load and behold, I had them crossed up!!! I finally figured out the choke bowl was on the wrong side!!! Fix it and now I can pull chock out half way and key on it fires off 1st kick!!!! Problem now it dont run worth a sh-t after about half thottle,and has a bad flat spot off idle.I did a rebuild on it last month and it was running good,Then I put a set of Boysen reed cages in it complete with the cages and everything,I noticed a note in the box that said it is nessery to downsize the main jets with this change??? That dont make since to me!!! I have a set of FMF fatty,s and silencers on it +the Juggs were bored to 65mm, and the juggs were ported by a well known builder,I put a Noss head on it with 20mm domes,and am running 145PSI,also have a ajustable timing plate, running a +4 degree timing, # 30 Idles and 310 mains, Tors removed. I ride high desert above 3000FT above sea level, Also have a HP CDI unit on it. This thing should haul a-s,Man I am about ready to give up on it,What could be the problem now, also removed air box and run 6in K&N filters with socks on it.Carbs are spotless,getting plenty of gas. No matter what I do this thing is just a pain in the Butt.Another thing it blows black oil out the muffers,checked the Vacum on crankcase and its good,could them reeds made this much difference,I would be willing at this time to take it to somebody that could if possable to fix it.I am about to pull my hair out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help ANYONE-PLEASE.Also I run 32 to1 pre-mix gas.So That said I need a Expert to think it over,I will forever be grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee Carb Bowls

im sorry i cant halp a fellow banshee dude. have you posted on the HQ? http://bansheehq.com/ it has been down for a day or two, but post up there and im sure those banshee dudes will have an answer for you..