Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YFM 350 forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFM 350 forum

Anybody know what happened to yfm350central.com? I can't find it now, and it had a lot of really helpful info for yama 350's

Old 12-02-2019, 01:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anyone help me with my YFM 350 Raptor not sitting idle even after a full carb rebuild.

Old 12-02-2019, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I assume you mean that it will not idle.

When you cleaned the carb, could you see light thru your pilot jet? These have very small orifices, and often cause this symptom. You also
need to make sure your cold-start valve is clean and operating smoothly. The pilot air screw passage must be clear. If there is any air leak
in the intake manifold or on the carb, that needs to be fixed.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sr.ruedas
I assume you mean that it will not idle.

When you cleaned the carb, could you see light thru your pilot jet? These have very small orifices, and often cause this symptom. You also
need to make sure your cold-start valve is clean and operating smoothly. The pilot air screw passage must be clear. If there is any air leak
in the intake manifold or on the carb, that needs to be fixed.
yes I replaced all of the jets to brand new. it used to sit idle but only with the choke on and it would have high RPM, even if I was riding the bike if I came to a stand still I would have to feather the throttle or put some choke on. I replaced the whole inside of the carb and now its not sitting idle at all not even with the choke on. a friend of mine thinks its taking in way too much air than fuel but the idle screw on the carburettor has seized.

its a kind of weird idle screw its attached to like a cable that sit on a little hook like bracket ontop of the carburettor. im just thinking il get a new idle screw if I can but I want to check anything else it could be in the men time

Old 12-02-2019, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Conor Crowley

its a kind of weird idle screw its attached to like a cable that sit on a little hook like bracket ontop of the carburettor. im just thinking il get a new idle screw if I can but I want to check anything else it could be in the men time
If I understand you, that is the idle speed set screw with thumb wheel. It is not the idle mixture (pilot) screw. It just holds the throttle open a bit to set idle speed. Posting pix helps.

Your symptoms point to lean condition at idle. Too much air.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by sr.ruedas
If I understand you, that is the idle speed set screw with thumb wheel. It is not the idle mixture (pilot) screw. It just holds the throttle open a bit to set idle speed. Posting pix helps.

Your symptoms point to lean condition at idle. Too much air.
thats what somebody else has said there is too much air getting on which is why it wont sit idle not even if the choke is on. this is also causing it not to rev properly. im hoping I can get the idle screw set changed online if I can find a matching one