Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee or 660

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banshee or 660

no way dude the banshee is aight but 660 beter...also dnt forget about tha reverse too

Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee or 660

My buddy has a piped banshee and it is a fast machine, sounds great, but no low end power. Against my kfx 700 off the line, I get about 2-4 lengths instantly and will hold that till about 60mph and then he will slowly catch up. I gave it a pipe, k&n, and new jets. I get 3-5 lengths instantly and I walk away with the win every time. As far as trails go, the kfx is unmatched with it's wide stance and low center of gravity. I highly recommend test driving one, I did and that is all it took.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee or 660

what is his banshee stock or something? or is the worst rider ever. i have a banshee and love it on trails. so get the banshee. get pipes and dual stage reeds and it flys. my banshee has a single carb setup and it gives it alittle more low end. the banshee will own all those atv. i beat my on a 660 raptor and he is in my dust the whole time. pre mixing the gas is not a problem at all either. my banshee has stage IV heads with 20cc domes, dual stage reeds, fmf fattys powercore 2 silencers, bored .50,40mm single carb

Old 09-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Banshee or 660

my banshee has stage IV heads with 20cc domes, dual stage reeds, fmf fattys powercore 2 silencers, bored .50,40mm single carb
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >

this is why you do better in trails than a stock one. stock ones hate trails! and for the record for others regarding 2 strokes - mixing gas is not a big deal. all you have to do is know a little simple math. and dont think that these new higher revving 450s on the market require less maintenace. They ALL REQUIRE MORE than ANY TWO stroke ive ever owned.

still in all, banshees were really not meant to trail ride though. 450s generally were not either, but some are more tolerant than others; their purpose isnt to trail ride. they all are revvy for the trails and are geared high but it can be done just have to ask your self how much clutch work do you want to do? my banshee was #1 in clutch work requirement and hated trails, the 250R will do them better, but the 450R is better than either at trails. Not trying to contradict anything ive said here but i didnt buy it to trail ride- but you know you cant be on a track or in the sand 100% of the time so if a trail appears, it can take it. sometimes you need to cross low streams and stuff, it can take it.

I will reiterate, i dont 100% reccomend a 450 for soley trails, some do it better than others. i would totally rule out the LTR450 - its just too wide. now the KFX450R is maybe a thought to consder. it has efi, reverse and a little more low end than the other 450s. other than that, id go with a raptor 700R; it has EFI, reverse and uses the some of the same suspension parts as the YFZ and it handles like night and day better than the older 660 and better than the banshee.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Banshee or 660

get a banshee. Ive had both and I still got the raptor and the banshee was way better every where. It had fmf fatties, jetted, bored .030 over, and extended rear axle and that bitch was sweet. shoulda never sold it. The only reason it got sold and not the raptor was cause i owed too much on the raptor to sell it and the banshee was paid for. mixing gas isnt no big deal, just take a quart of klotz and its got the sight line on the side just pour in ever how much u need for how much gas u put in it. And my banshee would start 2nd or 3rd kick no matter how cold it was, and here in southern WV it gets pretty damn cold. maintenance wise, it was a 97 model and i bought it in 07 and it still had the original piston and rings in it when i got it, and it ran fine till my buddy busted a piston in it. BTW anyone got a newer banshee they would wanna trade for the raptor in my sig? thats how serious i am about this topic lol.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Trailblazer
Default Banshee or 660

ever since i got the banshee in june i rode it and i loved it. i would never trade that for a raptor in my life, but i would buy a 700 raptor to have it, but like i said i would never trade it.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

My buddy had a raptor 660 until he crashed it.. but I always smoked him in races no matter where we were. a lot of people say the 660 is better on trails than the banshee but the banshee can be really fun and really fast on the trails if you know how to ride them and get use to the wicked power band they have

Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

Honestley it sounds like you want something in between the two.

The banshee will be faster. Plain and simple. If you even mod it lightly, its gonna be a beast that no Raptor will be able to keep up with (unless its insanely modded).

But the banshee has its flaws. I could care less about having to kick start it in the cold, or even mixing the oil and gas for the 2 stroke. But I wouldn't get one because they will not ride as nice or handle nearly as well as the Raptor. Not to mention you'll spend a lot more time wrenching on the shee vs a lot more time riding on the Raptor.

If you want the best of both worlds of speed and driveability, your best bet would be to get a Raptor 700R and mod the heck out of it.

Old 06-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Can anyone help me with jetting my banshee? Im at 5000 ft with 220 Mains but it don't run right it runs better with 200 Mains but I have t3 pipes and boost bottle plus a new top end