Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 02-18-2010, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Default Big Bear 350 Question?

I am repairing an older Big Bear 350 for a friend. I am not sure of the year as I have been unable to locate the Vin #. Frame is fairly rusted and I haven't seen it yet.

This machine was previously in 4wd all the time. No selector lever or button that has been attached while he has owned it. (he is the second owner) Front u-joints went out so he removed the front drive shaft to make it easier to steer.

What he would like to do is see if he can put a selector switch on it so the front differential can be shifted in and out of 4WD and reinstall the front shaft.

What I am looking for is if some one here can refer me to a parts diagram for a "missing part" OR tell me where I can find an aftermarket 4wd lock for the differential?

As far as I know this machine was made some time in the late to mid 90's.

I would also appreciate a hint on a VIN # location if any body has one?

Thanks in advance.

Swampy
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer
2002 Ktm 300 mxc
My Garage

ATV Parts ATV Tires ATV Wheels ATV Accessories: Warn Select - Yamaha

This?
Old 02-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Garage is empty, add now

I had a 89 350 Big Bear ,the Vin# was on the bottom of the frame under the foot rest, bad place they get worn out buy hitting rocks and things.
5.25 gas tank.
============
2007 350 Grizzly
IRS
Diff lock.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

TLC, thankyou for the heads-up on the VIN #. There was a rusted spot there and I found it after I cleaned it up. I guesed the year correctly (1997) but now I know it is a YFM350FWB which helps me get parts.

I think the FW means its "full time 4 wheel drive".

KEvin R., thank you as well. Exactly what my friend was looking for. Just not sure he want to pay that much to get it. Do you know how that selector works?

Looks like some sort or plunger to move a gear? I may have to lookat it and see if I can machine up something similar on the lathe.

Thank you again gentlemen.

Swampy
Old 02-19-2010, 02:06 PM

Tags
1997, 2000, 350, 9097, 97yamaha, atv, bear, big, front, locate, location, ujoints, vin, yamaha, year