Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 02-19-2011, 01:09 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Default Wolverine Overheating......confused!

Ok, im going to make this short and sweet.

The fan does not come on anymore. So now the bike just overheats.

The first thing I did was check the fan. I bypassed the fan and it worked! So now I know the fan is good.

The second thing I did was check the radiator sensor (whatever you want to call it). I can't tell if it's good or bad so I just bought a new one because it was cheap. I put the new one in and .. still not working.

Third and last thing I did was remove the thermostat and test it. The thermostat open and closes!!!!!!

Now i'm lost. I thought it would be one of these three things. What else could be making the fan not come on?? Don't even say a fuse because there is no fuse for it.

Any help would be great, because im lost now!
Old 02-19-2011, 05:41 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
2008 Yamaha Big Bear

Default What year?

What year wolverine are we talking? Liquid or oil cooled? I know that my brother had trouble with his kodiak...there is a sensor in the radiator and a sensor in the block that control two different things I think. One tells the fan when to run and one tells the light to come on. Is it spewing coolant out when it overheats? I would start with a downloadable service manual...that will take you through the issue that you are having step by step...good luck...keep posting I am sure that the info is out there!
Mudslinger2

2008 Yamaha Big Bear 400 IRS (Sold)

1995 Yamaha Wolverine 350 4x4 (Sold)
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Garage is empty, add now

Thumbs up

Good call Mudslinger. I just bought a 2006-2009 Wolverine 450 repair manual on ebay. Once I get the CD in the mail, Im going to find this damn problem. Once I find the problem, I will update everybody. I see this is a major problem with these bikes.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:20 PM

Tags
09, 2006, 2007, 350, 450, breaker, circuit, fan, light, motor, overheat, overheating, problems, stays, wolverine, yamaha