Go Back   ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community » Brand Discussions Area » Yamaha
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to ATVConnection Forums!
Welcome to ATVConnection.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the ATVConnection Forums community today!

Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Identify my ATV Model By Engine Serial?

Hello all, new here. Just bought a older Yamaha from a guy. It look like it stepped right out of Mad Max....heavily modified frame, paint, etc. Problem is, no VIN in site (check the whole frame everywhere..took all plastic off). I DO have the engine serial still - 52H-031431. If anyone can help me identify the year, model, engine size, and any name it had back then it would be much appreciated! I need to find a service manual to fix a no spark problem but without knowing anything about this quad the service manual is hard to find. I'm guessing she's mid 80's. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 07-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider
Garage is empty, add now

Some pictures of the bike and engine would help
Old 07-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default Pics to Help ID

Sorry, good idea. Just threw the engine serial out there first not knowing if someone could do it from that. I fixed my spark problem with a new coil but I would like to order a few things for the bike like a forward/reverse shifter lever, etc.. so anyone who can ID the year/model/name/engine size of this thing it would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance, here are some photos.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default One more piece of info...

It also says 1500cm on the engine casing if that helps. Thanks again all.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:09 AM
Trailblazer
1999 yamaha bear tracker

yamaha moto4 looks like a 160-200
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default 85 or 86 YFM200N

I believe it is a YFM200N either 85 or 86. The beat to heck VIN on the bottom of the frame has an "F" somewhere in the middle of it (can't decipher the whole thing). Does that mean it is an 86? Does YFM200N sound right?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Garage is empty, add now

Default need help

Did you have any luck figuring out what year type or anything i also have the same problem but my problem is that i dont know the year of my yamaha its a blaster in the 90's ive checked for this vin number dozens of times need to order replacement parts if anyone could help i would be extremely happy
Old 07-03-2012, 05:55 PM

Tags
atv, beartracker, determine, engine, find, identify, model, motor, number, quad, serial, size, sizes, vin, yamaha