Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does this Blaster look like a good deal to you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this Blaster look like a good deal to you guys?

this is what the ad says: "Good quad 2 stroke Yamaha Blaster manual. 200cc but about 230 with a the bore kit. Keeps up with 300s. Kickstarts right away and runs great. No work that needs done you buy and its ready to ride. Its fast, bored out, 3 degree turn key, jetted, aftermarket plastics, exhaust, handle bars. I just really need money right now so I'm trying to get rid of it fast."
he wants $600 for it but I think I could haggle a little...
let me know what you guys think, or what I should look for or at or any known problems...
any input it greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by 88trx250x; 08-08-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: forgot to attach the picture... :p
Old 08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Trailblazer

I'd ask for pics, and make sure it has a title. $600 is cheap even for a blaster if its in as good of condition as he says. Best thing to do is just go check it out, only way to really know. Blasters are extremely simplistic machines, probably about the simplest atv you could buy, as long as it runs good i would say you are ok. The only thing that seems to be "common" to fail on the blasters is the oil injection system, but with the big bore kit it's probably been ditched and isn't a big deal anyway. You are always taking a risk when buying an atv, or anything for that matter, that has motor work done to it.

Edit: Nvm about the pic part, i didn't see it originally in your post. It looks good from the pic, but it isn't the greatest quality pic. Definitely check it out in person. And FWIW, a blaster with a big bore kit should rip a 300 class quad a new you know what. Definitely do more than keep up with, they are similar in speed to even a stock 300ex.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Pro Rider

^^^^^^ DITTO^^^^^^

Even a small bore with a pipe and proper jetting should at least keep up with most factory 300's.... (I said Most... not all)