Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2001 Raptor 660 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2001 Raptor 660 problems

I have an 01 Raptor 660, when i turn the gas lever on, it leaks from where the dual carbs meet at the top, what does that mean and how can i fix it?
Also, when the raptor gets warmed up, it starts leaking oil, i think from the clutch gasket, i think. how much will this stuff cost to fix?

Old 01-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep fingers crossed an try this first b4 you get an upset insides!!! Check you engine to see if any fuel has got n2 engine!!If carb is leaking sometimes float willnot stop fuel an the fuel will go n2 intake an get n2 cylinder head an run down inside to oil pan an mix with oil! This can delude oil and may oil levl higher an when the crankshaft moves it can push oil out different places! Sometime oil seal get pushed out and sometime cause gaskets to leak!!If oil is real runny or smells like fuel or level is super high then IMO It's possible fuel is in oil,do an good changed of oil an filter..Now the next problem try this first!!!After you make you mind up on oil! Crank Raptor up then turn fuel value off when engine acts like it is running out of fuel open up the value May have to do this afew times to get float value resealed..The surge that engine makes can make the float slam back up in 2 float value seat and re-seal...Try all of this an re-post here an we all will go to the next step!!I guess you are wondering why I asked you to do this!!Well sometimes trash in tank can get n2 carb.bowl an get under float value and this surge can make trash move! Are if you has haul this ATV sometimes the bounce of atv riding on trailor can make float and float value to bounce in fuel an make float value come un-seated making fuel to bypass and cause an overflowing carb... But if this doesnt work than most liklly carbs has got to be remove and vatting and inspected ,replaced parts [install carb repair kits]....GOOD LUCK..

Old 01-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi. i do not know how to post a new thread so i am hoping someone can help me on here figure out how or with my problem. i have a 2001 raptor 660 that makes a ticking noise when it idles....if i push choke on it goes away and if i rev it up it will go away.......it is almost like a rattling noise but it is coming from the top of the head. it has a stage 1 hot cam and a high compression ratio...adjusted valves and checked timing and it seems to be a hair out. could it be from the timing chain. any info please type back or personal message me....thank you....