Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Extra parts left over in carb rebuild kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 12:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra parts left over in carb rebuild kit?

I just rebuilt the carb on my '01 Kodiak 400 with a Mosse carb rebuild kit and I ended up with 3 extra parts. . .

. . .an O-ring and washer (look just like the O-ring and washer below the pilot screw set). . .anyone know if they are just spares?

The other part is a brass bushing. . .no threading, no screwdriver slot. . .I didn't see any such bushing under any of the jets/needles that I replaced and it's not pictured in the service manual.

Anyone know what it's for/where it goes???

Thanks for the help!

Old 01-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

picture?

Old 01-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Range Rover

Everything I rebuild or replace always has those spare parts when I get finished....

Old 01-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by EPI Shawn
picture?
Here's a pic. . .finally got one uploaded and marked up to show the extra parts. . .

Name:  Kodiakcarbrebuildkit.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  6.4 KB

Originally Posted by Oldbear
Everything I rebuild or replace always has those spare parts when I get finished....
Ha, ha. . .isn't that the truth!!!

After the 3rd or 4th email back and forth with Moose they finally told me they couldn't help me because they don't know what's in the rebuild kit. . .it gets packaged in Japan and it's supposed to be OEM components and that's all they know! May not be buying from them again. . .you should always be able to provide support to the customer and not even being able to tell me what's in the kit I bought is pretty sad.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

I would still really like to know what these parts are for, but I re-installed the carb this afternoon and put fresh gas in the tank. . .quad fired right up on the third pull of the recoil starter (need a new battery, my old one won't hold a charge and sits around 8.9V). . .it's idling a little fast and it's still bogging down when I push the throttle lever, but I didn't have the seat or tank cover back on and almost completely covering the air intake with my hand allowed me to be able to rev the quad through the entire RPM range (with just a bit of popping at the high end). . .so I think I need to play with the jet needle clip setting some.