Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2001 yamaha breeze 125

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 yamaha breeze 125

I need more opinions on this, this quad had its chain bent so we got a new chain and tensioner (as this was bad aswell) got it together and it starts and runs fine, it just doesn't go when you hit the gas.

Now we took it to a local shop which charged 35.00 to look at it, took them 2 weeks, they come back with it will be 1000.00 as the crank is bent, now since it starts and runs fine, this doesn;t sound right, all crank diagrams show it is directly connected to the piston, so one would assume if it was bent it would have bad compression as it wouldn't move right, and bad compression would affect its starting and running.

So what do you think on this? I think it may just be a gear in the transmission, it has many gears and if one gear has an issue it wont in lamen terms be able to tell the gear the chain is on to "turn"

it is automatic with forward reverse and nuetral

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spre
I need more opinions on this, this quad had its chain bent so we got a new chain and tensioner (as this was bad aswell) got it together and it starts and runs fine, it just doesn't go when you hit the gas.

Now we took it to a local shop which charged 35.00 to look at it, took them 2 weeks, they come back with it will be 1000.00 as the crank is bent, now since it starts and runs fine, this doesn;t sound right, all crank diagrams show it is directly connected to the piston, so one would assume if it was bent it would have bad compression as it wouldn't move right, and bad compression would affect its starting and running.

So what do you think on this? I think it may just be a gear in the transmission, it has many gears and if one gear has an issue it wont in lamen terms be able to tell the gear the chain is on to "turn"

it is automatic with forward reverse and nuetral

Thanks in advance!
I'm raising the bovine feces to full staff on the bent crank.

As far as the "just dosen't go" it could be a lot of things. Could be even as simple as a broken belt. Have you even had the belt cover off and looked at it? That is where you need to go first.