Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Plow Kit for Grizzly 600 - need opinions which to get

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plow Kit for Grizzly 600 - need opinions which to get

Hi folks. Nov. 2012. New to this forum, and to ATV world. Inherited a Yamaha Grizzly 600 from brother in law... Mostly my son (now 16) will be using it.

We are looking to get a plow kit for it. We don't have a winch yet. I've googled a bunch of things and most advice is old posts. Looking for advice to make a good decision. Have heard of Moose, Eagle, Cycle Country, Warn, Swisher, Mibar (?), and would like opinions on all. (Also, not sure, but it may be that the old Grizzly 600 can't have front mounted plow, needs center mount, but again, not sure. Before researching, I didn't even know the difference. Advice there would also be appreciated).

We generally would like:
To go heavy duty so we're not replacing stuff all the time.
Convenience of quick connect if possible.
Ability to lift plow from driver seat.
Ability to plow in different direction (left,right).
Get good pricing.
Purchase all necessary components from same place.
Not have to drill to install.

Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 85 Views, no opinions?

I think I'm leaning toward the Eagle Plow system, (still possibly the WARN ProAdvantage, but I'm waiting to hear back from a few people. I think the Eagle is 11 ga steel where the WARN might be 14. Does anyone out there know, and also any ideas on lift height of either system?

I also am considering a 3500 winch, either a Promark, or a Superwinch. They both have a mechanical brake, which I've been advised by Promark is smart for plowing.

I also was advised NOT to get a synthetic rope for plowing because the constant up and down wears it out faster. I heard the synthetic rope is safer for winching, as it doesn't 'store' energy in it like the steel rope does, in the event of failure.(SNAPPING!)

I do have to go with a center mount, as the 2000 Grizzly 600 doesn't have ability for front mount.

Again, please, additional opinions on all are appreciated.